Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a waste!!

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭

The synoptics of the last several weeks since the start of January have been a complete waste IMO, and more of the same next week by all accounts:(

I say this cos we have not had a decent summer since 06' and by using up our quota of summer synoptics now we are setting ourselves up for another summer washout - Discuss:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last summer was okay/decentish. But yep I'd sooner we weren't using up all our high pressure in winter! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ah no I think we usually get either a wet Spring and Dry Summer or a dry Spring and wet Summer so it is too early to say yet. Many of the past Summers have been preceded by dry Springs but we are only at the end of Winter yet. Personally I think this year will be roasting. My toes feel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I personnally believe that we are gonna get another 06" summer , close to record breaking.

One thing that co-incides with then and now is the amount of solar activity , we are getting close to the same amount as back in 06.

But also, i just generally hav a gut feeling about it.... really cold Nov. , Dec. .... = really warm june july? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I personnally believe that we are gonna get another 06" summer , close to record breaking.

One thing that co-incides with then and now is the amount of solar activity , we are getting close to the same amount as back in 06.

But also, i just generally hav a gut feeling about it.... really cold Nov. , Dec. .... = really warm june july? :D:D:D

Hopefully with some thunderstorms to keep the ground from going too dry.

2009 summer was wet but what a great summer it was for the tadpoles, never saw so many baby frogs emerge in all my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Parakeets

I don't understand the point. Were the synoptics good or bad recently as we are having good weather now. I suggest you toss a coin to forecast the Summer weather. Heads good tails bad. I have found it to be the most successful method on average of all the other frog spawn forecasts

• Advertisement
Advertisement