Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point of View 10" Mobii Tablet

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Is this any good? The Point of View 10" Mobii Tablet It's going for €300 ion komplett. Where's the catch? Is there a catch....? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

oshead wrote: »
    Is this any good? The Point of View 10" Mobii Tablet It's going for €300 ion komplett. Where's the catch? Is there a catch....? :)

Looks too good to be true! Wait to see if it will get android 2.3 or 3.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

This is the same tablet as this http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/

Sold in Currys and PC World for €299

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I'm very tempted. But I don't really know much about tablets. The one in curries includes a 4GB SD card. So off the bat it wins. Is it possible(easy) to upgrade these with a new OS version when they are released?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

oshead wrote: »
    I'm very tempted. But I don't really know much about tablets. The one in curries includes a 4GB SD card. So off the bat it wins. Is it possible(easy) to upgrade these with a new OS version when they are released?

The company that releases them *could* release an update for them. Your best bet is probably custom roms though. I have no idea which one has better support from developers who make custom roms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

The company that releases them *could* release an update for them. Your best bet is probably custom roms though. I have no idea which one has better support from developers who make custom roms.

LOL, I wasted a couple of years of my life a good while back, playing around with custom roms for a few XDA's I had. I won't be going down that route again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Your loss, android custom roms are very professional. I got a Nexus S with latest android 2.3, and I still modded it. These are not the bad old days of terrible winmo pdas.

Advertisement