Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi would i get a mortgage??????

Options
  • 24-02-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

salary:32000 gross
    employment:working on fathers farm full time.
    savings:at 7000 puting 230 away a week.
    loans:none
    site:in my name with full planning.council fees paid.14 grand spent on foundation with engineers report.
    build cost:165000

Would like to hear peoples feedback.thanks for your time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

sean o t wrote: »
    salary:32000 gross
    employment:working on fathers farm full time.
    savings:at 7000 puting 230 away a week.
    loans:none
    site:in my name with full planning.council fees paid.14 grand spent on foundation with engineers report.
    build cost:165000

Would like to hear peoples feedback.thanks for your time!

Go and ask the bank. Loads of threads asking same thing here. I dont mean to be bad but what you want people to say. We can say all we want but the bank give the only answer that matters to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sean o t

chris85 wrote: »
    Go and ask the bank. Loads of threads asking same thing here. I dont mean to be bad but what you want people to say. We can say all we want but the bank give the only answer that matters to you!

Ok chris,just hoping a few bankers or brokers might read this,and meeting a broker on monday.Would like to have the heads up on it and be ready sorry!!what is boards for but to ask questions?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

sean o t wrote: »
    Ok chris,just hoping a few bankers or brokers might read this,and meeting a broker on monday.Would like to have the heads up on it and be ready sorry!!what is boards for but to ask questions?????

The same question has been asked so oftern so recently, do a forum search, loads of threads on it which will give you the same response as what you would get here.. Only one person has the answer for you, the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I agree search the forum. Been asked tons of time.

Rule of thumb, no more that 40% of your income is to be spent on outgoing loans and other debt. This includes the new mortgage been stress tested. No real way of knowing unless you get the figures from the broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I recently borrowed €300k in similar circumstances with a salary in the €6o's and a lot closer to our 40's. The initial value of the land plus house was €500k but we are at the final stage payment and the new value is €350k which was just in the limits of the loan to value ratio that the bank stipulated in our contract.

We went to them with valuations from 3 different auctioneers and "proved" that we had a positive low risk business case. It still took 6 months to get the money moving hands but it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sean o t

thanks for replying:)

Advertisement