Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the birthers should investigate.

Options
  • 24-02-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I believe it might only be an obsession for the most rabidly Republican people in America but the issue of where Barak Obama was born could yet prove to be worth investigating. After all, crime is always worth investigating, reporting and resolving isn't it?

And it could just be that proof of Obama's place of birth might provide evidence of a CRIME!!!!

The cornerstone of the birthers' argument is that there is inconclusive evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961 and that if he were born outside the US, he would be ineligible under US law to be president.

But it might be worse than that! He might have been born in one of these places:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware Florida Georgia Indiana Kentucky Louisiana Maryland Mississippi Missouri Nebraska North Carolina Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas Utah Virginia West Virginia or Wyoming, all of which had in 1961 laws which forbade intermarriage or sexual relations between black and white people. Like for instance between Mr Obama senior and the former Ms Anne Dunham, president Obama's parents.

Nazi Germany had a similar law, called the Law for the Protection of German Blood and Honour, which forbade marriage or sex between Aryans and Jews. It was one of the laws collectively known as the Nuremberg Laws. But they got rid of them in 1945.

American state legislation on "anti miscegenation" much of it introduced or updated in the early 20th century, lost some of its credibility after WWII and several states had already revoked their relevant laws by the time young Barak was born in 1961.

But the 22 states named above still had theirs in place and many of them kept them until all such offensive legislation was finally struck down in 1967. That's the year of the Summer of Love and the Beatle's Sergeant Peppers Album.

If he was born in one of those 22 states then not only would his parents' marriage be illegal but so too would have been the act of conjugal love which produced him.

I say we investigate this foul deed fully. The majesty of the law deserves no less.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

There is record of his birth and it was announced in a newspaper when he was born.

The right are bitter about his presidency is all, so they will do anything to make themselves feel better.

Frankly, it's shrewd of Obama not to show them the long form cert as it paints his most staunch opponents as cranks and racists. which imo most are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

RichieC wrote: »
    There is record of his birth and it was announced in a newspaper when he was born.

..and that should be enough for any normal rational human being, but if there is any doubt, and you want to investigate where he MIGHT have been born, have a look in one of those 22 states first.

And just in case you are in any doubt about my use of irony, please be assured that I think the existance of such laws less than 50 years ago in a purported democracy says more about the rednecks that maintained them than about anybody who might have broken them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Madd Finn wrote: »
    ..and that should be enough for any normal rational human being, but if there is any doubt, and you want to investigate where he MIGHT have been born, have a look in one of those 22 states first.

And just in case you are in any doubt about my use of irony, please be assured that I think the existance of such laws less than 50 years ago in a purported democracy says more about the rednecks that maintained them than about anybody who might have broken them.

if it such a pressing issue, how come you havent checked it out???
    surly it matters not if he was born in any one of theose 22 states???
    not that he was...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

robtri wrote: »
    if it such a pressing issue, how come you havent checked it out???
    surly it matters not if he was born in any one of theose 22 states???
    not that he was...

Sigh!

I'm as satisfied as I ever want to be that Barak Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961.

I just find it deeply ironic (and this post was originally in Politics not Conspiracy Theories) that some want to cast doubts about this, on the grounds that being born inside the United States is a prerequsite for being president and that a suspicion that Obama might not have been is embarassing to his presidency.

Could have been worse; he could have been born in Alabama. Which WOULD have made his parents criminals. At the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well seein as the Thread has been Godwin'd in the OP

Am I the only person that has always found it a bit Odd that Millions of Americans went to Europe to free us from Nazi Tyrany and opression, and their Evil racist Laws, only to go back to America and reinforce those Laws in almost half its states for 20 more years
    :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement