Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One last cold spell - 3/4 March Onwards

Options
  • 24-02-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

Just picking up on what's being said on other threads / websites, there seems to be a half decent chance of one last cold spell in about a week's time. See now the 12z GFS which seems to support this trend which has been present over the last few days.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=192&mode=1 (I think this link may change with each forecast run - sorry if so)

I understand other models show some agreement too.

I'm a weather illiterate so feel free to rubbish all of this. What do the more knowledgeable on here think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

I really hope not. Bring on the brightness and at least some mildness. Snow and cold is great in the midst of winter, not when Spring is about to arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Is very worried about Darkman2. Anyone know where he is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Is very worried about Darkman2. Anyone know where he is :(

Agreed. Can only think he is gravely ill or something. no other explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

fizzycyst wrote: »

Oh, has he turned to election predictions instead of the weather? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

darkman2 has melted with the mildness :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

And now all the charts have flip flopped to a very messy picture. Lets see if it reverts tomorrow morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

The weather forum should have a health warning

“Excess reading of this forum is harmful to the consumer’s health”
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The cold and any risk of snow for early March is looking a lot less likely this morning. GFS still beings in the northerly but it's also associated with pressure around 1040hPa across Ireland, which is way too stable to bring any snow.
    The ECM and UKMO are having none of the cold even (below -5 850hPa temps), so I'd say the chances of a significant cold spell are at about 10-15%, and snow is less than 5%.
    I know it's not what anyone wants to hear on a Friday morning, sorry:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

so another possible cold spell bites the dust :D, not to worry, i expect there'll be a few more of these threads between now and probably june or july to keep your hopes up :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Not everyone wants cold and snow or ice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

pauldry wrote: »
    darkman2 has melted with the mildness :eek:

lol poor Darkman!!
    Come back Darkman, i for one loved your threads..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

We have been the dogs chasing the car for the past 2 months now, MTs outlook is for some chance of a cold spell for a few days , that doesnt sound too promising but met uk have below temperatures for start of march so I guess all is not lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Min wrote: »
    Not everyone wants cold and snow or ice :D

Everybody except you does:p

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hard to see it, the GSF charts show high pressure staying either slightly south/west or right over us blocking anything to the east/north.

Advertisement