Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA @ UCD [Micheal Smurfit]

Options
  • 24-02-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello Everyone,

I am a foreign national & want to know how is the MBA @ UCD [Micheal Smurfit School] ?

Do people get placed easily after getting a MBA degree from UCD? How recognized it in Ireland?

How easy it is to get a job in Ireland for a foreign national after passing out from UCD?

Is the current job market stable in Ireland ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Emmmmm......well....... The country has just been bailed out by the IMF after our banking sector collapsed, we have 14% unemployment and huge levels of emigration so as to your question is the current job market stable the answer would be.........no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bisgrad

Actually the MBA in Smurfit has a pretty great reputation. I've been looking at doing it myself and spoken to a number of ex MBA's and they all sing its praises.

Sure the market in Ireland is tough, but it's defo picking up. Let's stop the doom and gloom and look realistically at things. Apart from financial services and construction, a number of other sectors are still going strong. Digital Media for example is doing incredibly well with Google buying big new offices last week and Facebook, LinkedIn etc all coming here. And Smurfit have a strong network that activates for the grads. It's not like your normal masters, the Smurfit MBA is all about networking and getting connections.

The other thing to consider is it's much easier to get a visa for an international student here than it is in the UK for example.

It's something I'm defo going to do. It's just a matter of how quickly I can raise the cash!

Advertisement