Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S - dropping calls on Vodafone network?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone experienced a very high level of dropped calls using Samsung Galaxy S phones on the Vodafone network?

We have about 5 here in the office, and I'm the only one who hasn't experienced this. The other guys have had serious problems.

As an example, we performed a test earlier today of 14 calls from a landline.. 8 were dropped, the majority within 3/4 mins.

They tried replacing them; no difference. Also, the faulty ones are using version 2.2. of the firmware. I'm using version 2.1 and haven't had the problem....

Vodafone haven't been very helpful, dismissing the problem.

Are we the only unlucky ones?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Not on Vodafone, I'm on Meteor but haven't had any drop calls ever, either on 2.1 update-1 or 2.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Yep - 3 people in our office have recently got Galaxy's and are experiencing frequent dropped calls - very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 callo32

I wonder if the problem is only related to the Vodafone network... I hear they are under a lot of pressure with the increased use of smartphones.

We haven't managed to get anywhere with Vodafone to date. Any queries in store ends up with them saying they its a problem with the unit, and they would need to send them away to an engineer for testing.. which takes over a week. Not very convenient!

Advertisement