Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog periods?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I don't know much about female dogs because I've always had males.I've a 2.5 year old labrador/bull masstiff cross. She was neutered at 6 months old. I noticed blood when she was peeing while we were walking yesterday and today. She's not sick, is eating, drinking & playing like normal. Is this something natural or do I go the vet just to make sure all is ok. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Could be a kidney infection but I would expect her to be showing some signs of discomfort. I'd give the vet a ring and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Def sounds like a bladder or kidney infection so you need to bring her to the vet.
    As she is neutered she would not be bleeding like a female would when shes in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If she is neutered she will not come into heat, therefore any blood coming from her vulva or in her pee should be checked out by a vet asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Thanks..have appointment with vet tomorrow

Advertisement