Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you rub onto your legs?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I've often used baby oil to keep the worst of rain/cold off during races but wondering what others use? Any homemade potions to keep legs warm, especially in the rain? I don't believe in Deep Heat afaik it makes you feel warmer by removing blood away from deep in muscles to the surface so it not something that should be used.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

strawberry jelly. i find it gives the perfect slipperyness..... oh sorry wrong forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Home heating oil does the job nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

:confused:

sEvniLwA.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Just be careful you don't adjust your tackle after giving the legs a rub with the ould Deep Heat, can bring a tear to the eye.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Baby oil with a dash of Tabasco sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

trad wrote: »
    Just be careful you don't adjust your tackle after giving the legs a rub with the ould Deep Heat, can bring a tear to the eye.

Never take a whizz after chopping hot chilli's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

rochefan wrote: »
    I've often used baby oil to keep the worst of rain/cold off during races

Is your skin not waterproof already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭C3PO

Fake tan ...... obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

RPL1 wrote: »
    Fake tan ...... obviously!

Only up to shorts and sleeves I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Only up to shorts and sleeves I hope
    obviously as hair shorts above that get in the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I use baby-oil after shaving and find it greatly reduces the anger that my skin usually displays when I deprive it of its fur. I'm sure it could be used as a bit of extra insulation on wet days too, though I like a bit of heat and have found that embrocation at least gives me the illusion that my legs are warm and ready to go. I've used Nature's Kiss "Hot Stuff" (obligatory "coming through") which a fairly thick cream and Elite Ozone Warming Oil which has the same consistency as baby oil. Both give a good tingliness and smell PRO.

Best not applied too soon after shaving though as pain will follow.
    Lumen wrote: »
    :confused:

Link. What they have is buried among "Body Maintenance".

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

Whatever happened to white socks, hairy legs & black shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭rochefan

I had a feeling that this thread would end up like this!! Jelly on the legs is a good one.

I do find that a hard wet/cold day is hard on the legs hence my question. Channel swimmers put vasoline on themselves but if I mention vasoline on this forum..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51973

51973.jpg
    Coloured Muscle Oil is a popular preparation oil, giving athletes the “look good, feel good” feeling. Not only does it help stimulate blood circulation, it also gives the desired areas a nice tanned, shiny look. The muscles appear more defined and muscular, giving the athlete a boost of self confidence during competition.

So wrong. So very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i use skin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Maybe a stupid question - what's wrong with leg warmers/lightweight tights if the weather is crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

chakattack wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question - what's wrong with leg warmers/lightweight tights if the weather is crap?

Some folk don't like racing with leg/knee warmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Cake anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Junior

VERDE+BOTTLE+CLIPPED+SMALL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Junior wrote: »
    VERDE+BOTTLE+CLIPPED+SMALL.jpg

+1

I miss him on Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

rochefan wrote: »
    I had a feeling that this thread would end up like this!! Jelly on the legs is a good one.

I do find that a hard wet/cold day is hard on the legs hence my question. Channel swimmers put vasoline on themselves but if I mention vasoline on this forum..........

I sometimes put vaseline on my knees if I'm going hilly.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falladeen

4 parts olive oil to 1 part poteen only job

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

niceonetom wrote: »

Thats what i have used.

Advertisement