Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Leopard and colour?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Firstly thanks to everyone who helped yesterday with my iPhoto query.

I have another question today :)

I printed some of my photos through a very good quality online lab. The images just arrived today and are not at all like the images I see on screen. They are terrible!! High contrast, muddy and colour casts all wrong. This is the second time I've had these images printed, blamed the first lab last time.

Someone mentioned to me that Snow Leopard may be the problem - that it has colour calibration issues. I am using photoshop.

I gave tried using the colour calibration utility in system preferences and I keep getting a bad cyan screen cast. This cant be right!

Has anyone ever come across this and if so what can I do? As I mentioned yesterday I bought my macbook second hand and upgraded to snow leopard. I do not have any original disks.

Starting to regret my decision to but second hand. Also I'm not the most tech savy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Which model Macbook ? There have been reports of screen "yellowing" which might effect things on some models.

Can you post a sample image or 2 that we might be able to see the issue in effect.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

software calibration isnt great, look for someone with a spyder calibration tool, if not and you can guess the colour cast, offset it with the opposing colour on the colour wheel

Advertisement