Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Insurrection Against Neo-Liberal Economic Domination And The IMF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I cant see too many giving up as much time reading all that as is needed unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I know I know, it took me a while i must admit, but as I said, its one of the best pieces I've ever seen put together and for anyone that does have an interest, it's worth the read. or at least a skim ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

We are being controlled by the IMF and the elite are non other than delighted we are back in the mire from where we came from. It is an economic war that is currently taking place in the world today. I would also say China are the most powerful nation at this moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

china may well be on their way to being the most powerful, but they still have as much troubles as all other nations.

taken from said link:
    “In Tunisia, the young people who helped bring down a dictator are called hittistes—French-Arabic slang for those who lean against the wall. Their counterparts in Egypt… are the shabab atileen, unemployed youths… In Britain, they are NEETs – ‘not in education, employment, or training.’ In Japan, they are freeters: an amalgam of the English word freelance and the German word Arbeiter, or worker. Spaniards call them mileuristas, meaning they earn no more than 1,000 euros a month. In the U.S., they’re ‘boomerang’ kids who move back home after college because they can’t find work. Even fast-growing China… has its ‘ant tribe’ – recent college graduates who crowd together in cheap flats on the fringes of big cities because they can’t find well-paying work.

this is a worldwide storm brewing...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

bc dub wrote: »
    china may well be on their way to being the most powerful, but they still have as much troubles as all other nations.

taken from said link:

this is a worldwide storm brewing...
    From watching the footage of those strikes it was not unemployed youths who brought the country down. It was people from nearly every demographic in the country, working and middle class together. In fact, given the regimes in place the older generations would be the ones most angry given that they have had to live most of their lives under their rule.

• Advertisement
Advertisement