Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create your own weather maps from model data

Options
  • 24-02-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

I came across this amazing site earlier today

http://my.meteoblue.com/my/
    'create your own maps, meteograms, vertical cross sections or model soundings. The myMap server is a unique tool that allows you to access hundreds of Gigabytes of model data in real time over the internet. Something normally only a large national weather service can do using very expensive and dedicated workstations. You can compose your own weather maps or get a specific forecast for any location (your home town, the middle of the Atlantic ocean...). myMapServer is currently experimental and free for private use,

You have to create an account first but other than that its free to use and the detail is great! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Nice find!

Cloud forecast for 4.00utc tomorrow as taken from the new Meteoblue site:

149520.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Didn't want to start a new thread but here's another free graphic tool from OceanVirtuel

'You can browse over a 6 days forecast the surface winds, the atmospheric pressure, the cloud cover and the rain fall. You can also browse the winds in altitude over 5 levels corresponding to 5 atmospheric pressures : 800, 600, 400, 200 et 10 mb.'

Enjoy!

Advertisement