Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Ripoff (black)

Options
  • 23-02-2011 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

I signed up with them for when there was a special offer - 5 EUR per month. No line rental.

Then one day I called to ask them to add an extra line of address to my bill - company name. They said OK.

Two month later when I checked my account (paying by direct debit) I noticed they they charged me 35 EUR per month.

I called to find out and gave out, that I did not authorise them to do it. The argument was lasting for another two months which again they charged me another 70 quid. The reply was this: "I am a business customer, so I am not entitled for an offer and was automatically transferred to a business plan".

I did not authorise them to do it. They never told me about price change.
    They tried to do something for me and added some credit to my account so that I won't have to pay for 3 month. They are gone now.

Recently, I cancelled my direct debit and asked them to stop the services as I won't be paying them so much. The last day is 28/02

In total I paid them something like 180 EUR when I should have paid only 60 (5 x 12 month)

I still have an agreement which they sent me to sign, but I never did.

Can I get my money back? Eircom is the biggest telecoms monopoly in Ireland. And their days are ending soon with news players and VoIP.

All they think about is money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You like when signing up, the T's & C's were for consumers. You were a business they caught you out. Not much you can do, you had it for next to nothing be glad you got it for so long.

just in case you don't know, meteor, eircom , emobile are all the same company.

btw, there's more to boards than giving out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't a Consumer Issue, as you are not a Consumer, but a business.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement