Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Carrick on shannon

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Ive recently started working in Longford and I am looking to move to Carrick on Shannon. Can any one recommend any good places to live there? Im looking for 2 a 2/3 bed house/apartment.
    Also is there much social activities there in the evenings? Im new here and don't really know many people so would like to join something to get to know more people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭leonvquinn

It's the most happening town in Leitrim and has everything you will need as well as some great value property at the min. I've been living in or around it for about 8 years now..

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

Hi There

I am from the town and cant recommend it enough. If you are looking to rent, Hawthorn crescent on the Sligo road are lovely apartments (2 and 3 beds). Also, Sherry Fitzgerald are great for renting. For social activities, it depends what you are into but there is a very active Drama society (breifni players), a really good musical society in Boyle, sports include rowing, golf, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Leitrim was hugely over-supplied with property in the boom (only 600 out of 2900 properties built were sold). There are 2-bed apartments to be had in the middle of Carrick for €55k now as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭leonvquinn

You'd get a massive 4 bed town house in Keshcarrigan here where I am (10 miles from Carrick) for about €60k!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roaming

Does anyone know anything about this estate?

• Advertisement
Advertisement