Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music for the media

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Interesting, how much is it?

The forum seems quiet busy and seems to go back a good while. It seems to be a certain amount of composition involved which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

They do a few courses.
    Its 599 for the standard "music for the media" course.

They're around a while,seem to have revamped things in the last year or so...

So, with 599 would I be better upgrading my plug-ins and splashing out on a lot of reading material??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Depends on if you are going to read it or not I suppose. :pac:

Working on pre-defined assignments and targets like this could be a useful exercise, as well as the option to communicate with people who are doing the same material.

Is it an opportunity to do something new? I suppose you have to look at how much you spend on gear a year and ask yourself will you skip the annual purchase this year and try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Yeah,I was thinking all of that myself.

I reckon that I probably wouldn't do it unless I signed up to something like this.
    OK, I'd probably buy all the books and yes I'd probably read them but it does help to have assignments and deadlines.

Might give it a shot.

Nothing to lose...."except me 600 euros(Mr Krabs voice..)"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

For €600 you might be better looking locally if there are people who could give you lessons.
    A few hours with someone more experienced than you at a DAW you could learn stuff it could take a few YEARS to learn otherwise. And might not cost you the earth.

Their digital music course looks very basic. The other two; Orchestration and Music for the media look more interesting. Though - check the requirements, they want you to be able to read sheet music.

Courses are a funny business. I once did one, even got a cert. It was the greatest waste of time. It was far worse than useless. A bad teacher can set you back years.

If you're making something like dance music and you were living say in London - you could look up the artists on releases living in London, call them up and ask them for some time for a few quid. They'd likely making more money out of you than through their releases.

• Advertisement
Advertisement