Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc desire internet pass through

Options
  • 23-02-2011 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Are you talking about wifi hotspot?
    This allows the phone to use its data connection and share it over wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to make your PC an Internet Wi-Fi hotspot, it might be possible if you connect the PC to the broadband router via Ethernet cable because I don't think the PC can be a Wi-Fi client as well as a hotspot at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Google internet connection sharing. I think there's a way if u bridge the connections but I'm not sure how to get the phone to show up. I think u have to install android sdk and install the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

The easier solution would be to swap your USB 3G dongle for the MiFi wireless versions by Huawei that all the networks are selling now.

You can connect up to 5 devices to its over wireless connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

My laptop has something called Intel My WiFi technology. Basically turns the laptop into a hotspot. I use it for my phone and ps3, works great. I'm on a wired ethernet connection though not a 3G dongle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

Yes.
    Make sure you have HTC Sync installed and latest drivers on your PC.
    They added pass-thru with the latest Android update, so it should work on all latest models (Desire, Z, HD etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

fproviders wrote: »
    Yes.
    Make sure you have HTC Sync installed and latest drivers on your PC.
    They added pass-thru with the latest Android update, so it should work on all latest models (Desire, Z, HD etc.)

Doesn't that just support normal tethering i.e. the PC can use the HTC Internet (3G) connection? The OP wants the opposite, he wants the HTC to use the PC's Internet connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

This option is both on my Desire Z and on my girlfriend's Desire.
    So it works indeed.

Advertisement