Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android netbook

Options
  • 23-02-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

have android 2.1 on a netbook, so far seems pretty useless, no market and cant download any apps for it, so far anyways.
    the arrow is slow moving.
    any suggestions on how to make it work properly?
    and how to update from 2.1 to 2.2???

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Where did you get the android?
    Is it http://www.android-x86.org/ ?

Acer have some Android netbooks out. Maybe find a copy of their installer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

what netbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ACER-Aspire-One-D255/304175/2.5.0

with dual boot.

what does it mean "mutli-gesture"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Multi-gesture means the mouse pad can pick up 2 fingers and u can do stuff like scroll by swiping 2 fingers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I have a D255, the android installed is unofficial/unsupported hence the lack of market etc. TBH its not worth having and i wiped mine when i upgraded to windows 7 pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I'm sure it's possible to get the Market by downloading and installing the .apk for the Market. Though, there is no point having Android on a netbook, realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Android was never designed to use on a netbook, and is not supported. Android is truly free however and manufacturers are able to use it for whatever they want.
    Do not buy an android netbook!

Android = For touchscreen devices.
    ChromeOS = For device with keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I agree, Android just would not work in a netbook environment without major modifications.
    I dont really see the point in netbooks, tbh. Better off with a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

i tryed to install the market on it, installs but then forces close.
    didnt buy the netbook for the android, just came with it not bothered anyway, just thought maybe i could use some of the market apps.

Advertisement