Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 25/02 *Spoilers/Results*

Options
  • 23-02-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭

Teddy Long opened the show and announces that Vickie Guerrero will compete in a match tonight with her job on the line.
    Rey Mysterio defeated Kane.
    Dusty Rhodes came out and called out Cody Rhodes. Dusty talked Cody into apologizing to Rey Mysterio. Dusty and Rey shook hands until Dusty turned on Rey. Cody beat Rey down and took his mask, smashing Rey into the mirror for his entrance.
    Dusty and Cody are backstage. Dusty said he would do anything for Cody.
    Rosa Mendes beat Layla by DQ when Michelle McCool, who was on commentary, attacked Rosa. More tension between LayCool.
    Jack Swagger beat Kofi Kingston with the ankle lock.
    Vickie Guerrero is trying to recruit Chavo Guerrero for some help backstage but he's not having any of it.
    Big Show beat Wade Barrett by countout. The Corre was banned from ringside. After the match, Show hit Wade and went for a chokeslam but Corre came out for the save. Show chased them off with a steel chair.
    Edge and Kelly Kelly beat Vickie Guerrero and Drew McIntyre when Kelly speared Vickie and Edge speared Drew. Teddy Long came down to celebrate with Edge and Kelly while Vickie throws a fit, even asking Booker T for help. Per the stipulation from Teddy at the show opener, it looks like Vickie has lost her job. After the match, Alberto Del Rio comes down and attacks Edge.

No Christian :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So how long till Vickie and Dolph are hired by the Raw GM?

Also, I love the sound of the Rhodes/Rey segment. Delighted to see Cody get such a big story...

And maybe Christian will get a backstage seg? I can't believe they'd have him return like that and then not mention him at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I personally think Christian may be a few more weeks out but not using him was odd.I have to say this but why in wrestling do they think its a good idea to put your father as your manager or that it just looks pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

The Cody Rhodes/ Rey angle sounds good, can see Rey getting a fair few beatings but I think we all know how it will end up, hoping I'm wrong as I'm sick of Super-Rey at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

POSSY wrote: »
    The Cody Rhodes/ Rey angle sounds good, can see Rey getting a fair few beatings but I think we all know how it will end up, hoping I'm wrong as I'm sick of Super-Rey at this stage!

A feud with Rey is a great thing for Cody, Rey has been very much the mvp of SD imo for the last couple of months his feud with Punk and Del Rio were very good plus for a injuried superstar he was great in the chamber match at the EC. With Dusty also involved will make it the feud even better. I'm surprised by no Taker on SD since he made his big return on Raw this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

the cody and rey part sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

GTR63 wrote: »
    I have to say this but why in wrestling do they think its a good idea to put your father as your manager or that it just looks pathetic.

I partially disagree! It didnt hinder randy when cowboy bob was his manager for a bit. When its someone like Dusty, or Ted Dibiase, they can be used properly and they can help to push their kids......i would agree if it were IRS out there with Husky Harris however. Done right, with the right people it can only help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I partially disagree! It didnt hinder randy when cowboy bob was his manager for a bit. When its someone like Dusty, or Ted Dibiase, they can be used properly and they can help to push their kids......i would agree if it were IRS out there with Husky Harris however. Done right, with the right people it can only help!

Or Shelton's Momma..........:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Clearly you forgot when "Cowboy" Bob nearly gave Undertaker Hepatitis. I think the Million Dollar Man Jr gimmick didn't helped Di Biase jr either & when Cody debuted in the Orton vs Dusky Rivalry it sucked.I'll give this a chance though as long as Cody doesn't get saved by a Rey beatdown by his Obese 60 year old Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Or Shelton's Momma..........:eek:

Sheltons momma was awesome! :p
    Clearly you forgot when "Cowboy" Bob nearly gave Undertaker Hepatitis

Why yes i did forget about that!.
    As long as Cody doesn't get saved by a Rey beatdown by his Obese 60 year old Dad.

I completely agree with you here - that would just totally bury cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I can see Rey take a few beatings over the next few weeks from Cody and Dusty before San Cara (Mistico) finally debuts by rushing to the ring to save him. All the kids cheer and everyone loves him....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can see Rey being taken out (not signing new contract) and Mistico coming in to avenge Rey as his first story line. Then possibly push towards a story with Del Rio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Really enjoyed the Cody-Rey-Dusty segment. Dusty played his role to perfection. If this angle goes well, Cody could be elevated to the main events. Hopefully they do it well. But a great start to the Mania build up.

Otherwise the show was so-so. Surprised Christian was not there (unless there is a reason I have not heard yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

plus points swagger won a match, rhodes/rey segment

show didnt really build that much towards mania though which should be its main objective, the vickie firing thing dragged on way too long, wwe has had what 4 firings now last 3 months, its really overkill at this stage and yet everyone knows none of those people are really fired

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

was a good show dusty/cody and rey segment was really good also loved booker and cole talking with vickie after she got fired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dizzya

Seems like an average Smackdown IMO

Advertisement