Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim of animal cruelty against Dublin Candidate

Options
  • 23-02-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

got this extraordinary one from the Greens youtube vid. This is an major issue for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67ZnDx2LRQ

The following is a direct quote

"Have the Greens got a view on Mannix Flynn.You know, the same Mannix Flynn who is a convicted arsonist? The same Mannix who was convicted of setting fire to a trailer-cage outside a Dublin theatre with two bears locked inside that belonged to some unfortunate French artist? Setting fire to two caged animals. A decent man? Will SF supporters give a preference? "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Where is that quote from? I just watched the video and there was no reference whatsoever to Mannix Flynn. Am I missing something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

I remember reading about that in the paper. It was a long time ago, but if I were in his constituency then I just couldn't give him my vote after that. Ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

im still voting for mannix flynn. two bears..wow. i dont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 farenheitg

The claim is on the 3rd page, I hate people involved in Animal cruelty and the thought that this person might be a T.D sickens me deeply.

im still voting for mannix flynn. two bears..wow. i dont care.

Is that the sort of cruel mentality you want representing you as a T.D....sometimes I wonder why I bother to live in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

farenheitg wrote: »
    The claim is on the 3rd page, I hate people involved in Animal cruelty and the thought that this person might be a T.D sickens me deeply.

Jeez OP, you said it was a direct quote. The quote is in the youtube comments, probably above a comment about how great balls are, and below another comment about how great balls are.

Not exactly credible now is it? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Frantic Frank

If you are shocked about burning bears alive, how about Enda Kenny's promise to reintroduce stag hunting for the perverted gratification of the Ward Union Hunt. (ref interview with Pat Kenny rte radio today)

Well in anybody's dictionary, credible equals believable. Point is whether it is true or not. I happen to believe it. Why/ Because as incredible as the story sounds, two independent people confirmed to me that it actually happened. What does the source matter, It could be written on the back of a donkey's a*se and that wouldn't make it any less credible.

If you are shocked about burning bears alive, how about Enda Kenny's promise to reintroduce stag hunting for the perverted gratification of the Ward Union Hunt. (ref interview with Pat Kenny rte radio today)

I agree completely, but are you concerned about what Mannix Flynn is alleged to have done to those bears. Would you vote for him if you were in dublin south east. As for Kenny, the stag hunting would be enough for me to dismiss any thought of voting for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

That occured as a teenager. He was very unhinged and eventually ended up in a mental institution. mostly due to abuse suffered at the hands of the christian brothers.

I cant find any reference to anything to do with bears. Im not supporting the man but just pointing it out.

Im not supporting him because he has no idea what a TDs job is. He's on about serving the locality

• Advertisement

Allegedly he was a fully grown adult at the time, in fact I believe he was a theatre actor according to the person who confirmed this.

Unhinged? Is that his past or current mental state? Surely the electorate of Dublin South East would like to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Does anyone have a better source for this than a comment on youtube?
    POLITICIANS ALL SUCK BALLS

This shock revelation is really messing with my preferences.

Allegedly he was a fully grown adult at the time, in fact I believe he was a theatre actor according to the person who confirmed this.

Unhinged? Is that his past or current mental state? Surely the electorate of Dublin South East would like to know.

No he was a teenager

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/exfirebrand-says-art-can-bring-about-social-change-1737179.html

You can separate facts from rumours by googling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Frantic Frank

I can feel that you are really upset about the animals being set alight, I agree, it is the action of cruel and angry person. Please tell us that the bears survived the ordeal.

He did this as a teenager and now he's 53 years old. As he says himself "The past is a different country".

There's no story here.

I can feel that you are really upset about the animals being set alight, I agree, it is the action of cruel and angry person. Please tell us that the bears survived the ordeal.

There wasnt any bears. Its just some rubbish in the youtube comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

got this extraordinary one from the Greens youtube vid. This is an major issue for me.
    You join today, and post crap about someone. Heck, you probably wrote the comment on youtube when you joined it yesterday.

Well in anybody's dictionary, credible equals believable. Point is whether it is true or not. I happen to believe it. Why/ Because as incredible as the story sounds, two independent people confirmed to me that it actually happened. What does the source matter, It could be written on the back of a donkey's a*se and that wouldn't make it any less credible.

You are neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Black Bloc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67ZnDx2LRQ

The following is a direct quote

"Have the Greens got a view on Mannix Flynn.You know, the same Mannix Flynn who is a convicted arsonist? The same Mannix who was convicted of setting fire to a trailer-cage outside a Dublin theatre with two bears locked inside that belonged to some unfortunate French artist? Setting fire to two caged animals. A decent man? Will SF supporters give a preference? "

Many people have done foolish things in their pasts that with the benefit of a bit of maturity and reason they regret. I knew Mannix in the 80s in Dublin and found him to be decent guy.. He got a rough ride from a 'care' system that was supported by the church and their cronies in politics and 'Justice'. Give the guy a break. He has moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

I remember it being reported in The Irish Times. I checked their online archive and found the headline "Actor on malicious damages charges" when I searched for "Mannix" "Flynn" and "bears". The date was 2 February 1985. Mannix Flynn was 27, not a teenager, and quite well known, which is why I remembered it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Clinker wrote: »
    I remember it being reported in The Irish Times. I checked their online archive and found the headline "Actor on malicious damages charges" when I searched for "Mannix" "Flynn" and "bears". The date was 2 February 1985. Mannix Flynn was 27, not a teenager, and quite well known, which is why I remembered it.

I also remember something regarding that matter....not sure of the details...I think I'm getting alzheimer's. :rolleyes:

Advertisement