Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blurry profile image on Facebook business page

Options
  • 23-02-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I set up a business page for a friend on Facebook a few days ago and for the love of god I can't seem to get the profile image to maintain its clarity. Every time I upload an image it ends up looking blurred on the actual page, you can read it, but it looks shite.
    I've tried various file types and sizes and I always get the same result.Has anybody else had this problem and how do fix it? It's not a big thing but it's incredibly irritating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

How big is the image that you are putting up?

The ideal is that you have sized your image so it is 179 pixels wide (and up to 540 pixels high). I use 72dpi as the quality.

It really depends on the quality of your source image as well.

What's the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Well I have a 600x600 72dpi PSD version. I've put it up at a few different sizes (around 200px) in both jpg and png and I keep getting the blurred image.

What would you suggest?

I'm working on it right now fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

That's a reasonable sized file to be working from. Try sizing it to 179 pixels wide.

Advertisement