Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing maps from nuvi265wt

Options
  • 23-02-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Can someone tell me how do I remove maps from my nuvi, as today while uploading to 2011.40 it said there was not enough space, I put over half of europe on a sd card, yet on 2011.32 I could accomodate most of Europe without a sd card, like I now have on my sat nav, that I have version's 2011.10, 2011.32 and now 2011.40 on Ireland only how do i remove the previous version so that I only have 2011.40

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

I found out in the end, all you have to do is D-click garmin nuvi when plugged into computer, click garmin and from there fo down to gmapsupp.img and hit delete, then upload the one map version, hope this helps anyone unsure of how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

if your nuvi has a port for memory cards, you can just put your new map there, renamed as gmapsupp.img. then just deactivate your old map, so you can just use the new one.

Advertisement