Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bear Grylls in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Probably one of the worst Bear Gryll episodes imo. It was cool to see him in Ireland but it was just a rubbish episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I thought it was a good episode,i never knew he grew up in Ireland until he was sitting on the cliff looking out and saying how beautiful our country is.

And he made a "sheeping bag" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Ah, The Wesht, Where only the strongest will survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I saw this on discovery a few days ago, but the minute I sat down to watch it, it was over. :(
    lol, sheeping bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 crazy_janey

Ha Iv never laughed so much when i saw "sheeping bag"!!:D
    I thought it was cringe-worthy, just so bad....he thought his rock shelter would be water-proof....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Grills in Ireland always gives me a laugh. Sure if you avoid falling down holes or over a cliff, basically doing the opposite of what Grills does, you can walk to a town in a couple of hours.

Bear Grills is some wally.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Bear Grylls in Ireland?

Better drink my own piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I wonder is he aware that he's a meme on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Aparently half of it was filmed in Galway and the other half in Donegal i.e. they stuck him in the back of a car a drove him two hours up the road to film the next "scene"

The dead sheep had to be planted there too, anyway Bear is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ian_K wrote: »
    Aparently half of it was filmed in Galway and the other half in Donegal i.e. they stuck him in the back of a car a drove him two hours up the road to film the next "scene"

The dead sheep had to be planted there too, anyway Bear is awesome

I know the 1st season got a lot of stick because a lot of it was clearly set up, Channel 4 were going to pull the plug but instead insisted that they would make things more transparent so as to show that its not being set up. The Ireland episode is in season 5 by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

A few years back I heard loads of stuff about Bear & the **** he does is crazy so I checked out youtube and this was the first vid I saw of him,.! Still makes me laughs to this day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

They should have droped him down in limerick in that jacket. Drinkin your own piss would not have helped him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

stop wrote: »
    Bear Grylls in Ireland?

Better drink my own piss

Bear might let you share his... if you ask him real nice

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

A few years back I heard loads of stuff about Bear & the **** he does is crazy so I checked out youtube and this was the first vid I saw of him,.! Still makes me laughs to this day :D

Any one else get the google add for to meet single gay bears when they viewed this?? wtf........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

This is the best episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

That last one is class, well worth the 8 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I watched this on Discovery last night and I must say it was the most ridiculous episodes ever.

Skinning a sheep to survive the "Harsh Environment". Where does he come up with this stuff.

Seeing this episode makes you think the rest of his episodes are probably the same fake crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

it was stupid. Lost in the wilds of the west of Ireland? walk half a mile up the road to a B&B you gobshíte!

no, ill stay in a 'rock shelter' in a country made of limestone. they must have had a hard time getting camera angles that didnt have big blue signs saying "this road was built with contributions from the EU" on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I wonder is he aware that he's a meme on the internet.

He sure is! http://mashable.com/2011/05/18/bear-grylls-meme-twitter/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The question I have is if the there was some sort of near extinction level event and all of civilisation was destroyed would Bear Grylls actually be able to survive in any of the locations he visited?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I heard he couldnt get any piss, so he started drinking Murphys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Malty_T wrote: »
    The question I have is if the there was some sort of near extinction level event and all of civilisation was destroyed would Bear Grylls actually be able to survive in any of the locations he visited?

Nah...Chuck Norris will though!:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I don't get the meme.......

Its based on the premise that he will drink his own piss at any opportunity for even the most ridiculous reason...

but on the show I've only ever seen him drink his own piss once- and it was to demonstrate an extreme, last resort to stop a person from dying of thirst in the desert....

.....or am I reading too much into it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

PK2008 wrote: »
    I don't get the meme.......

Its based on the premise that he will drink his own piss at any opportunity for even the most ridiculous reason...

but on the show I've only ever seen him drink his own piss once- and it was to demonstrate an extreme, last resort to stop a person from dying of thirst in the desert....

.....or am I reading too much into it

He does it at the drop of a hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

He does it at the drop of a hat!

Or at the drop of a trousers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

First Comment
    WHY would you need to learn how to survive in ireland? theres no way he can be too far away from a pub of some description

Funny coz it's true.

Advertisement