Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems watching youtube videos

Options
  • 23-02-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

Any time I go to watch a video the rest of the page loads up as normal but the space where the video should be playing is just completely blank. I've only noticed it about ten minutes ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

watch redtube instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I have a problem watching youtube videos aswell.

Its the f00king ads before the video, on top of the video*, beside the video and at the bottom of the page.

*Thats what she said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

kiddums wrote: »
    I have a problem watching youtube videos aswell.

Its the f00king ads before the video, on top of the video*, beside the video and at the bottom of the page.

*Thats what she said

Install adblock FFS! :rolleyes:

But no. I've no problem as I'm one of those nerdy pr!cks that use Greasemonkey (don't) with the Youtube Enhancer script. Or you can install the script directly in to chrome. (Userscripts.org). SNORT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Any time I go to watch a video the rest of the page loads up as normal but the space where the video should be playing is just completely blank. I've only noticed it about ten minutes ago.

Yep I was getting that yesterday, I just refreshed the page and all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yep I was getting that yesterday, I just refreshed the page and all was well.
    Tried that already. No luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

same problem here in the last few days...on a mac using safari if that makes any difference. Suddenly just stopped playing videos! Funnily enough, they will play ok in firefox for me, so maybe try a different browser and see does that help matters. Would still like to find a fix though!

same problem here in the last few days...on a mac using safari if that makes any difference. Suddenly just stopped playing videos! Funnily enough, they will play ok in firefox for me, so maybe try a different browser and see does that help matters. Would still like to find a fix though!
    Cheers I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

out of curiosity are you using a mac aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

What browser are you using OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

try it in IE or chrome...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

It's fine for me I'm using chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

I think its some kind of flash issue between adobe and firefox..

I'm using IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    It's fine for me I'm using chrome.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Weird, it's not working in Chrome for me, but works in Firefox.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I'm using IE.

You can install the latest version of Flash from here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

oh youtube best thing on the net
    todays telly does nothing for me please God let it work for me
    I dont facestalk or tweety :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same here (in Opera) but it was fixed later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

What I've noticed lately on youtube is when you resize the screen it will buffer again from the start. Bit annoying when you are so much into a video and decide to go fullscreen, especially on a slow connection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

AntiRip wrote: »
    What I've noticed lately on youtube is when you resize the screen it will buffer again from the start. Bit annoying when you are so much into a video and decide to go fullscreen, especially on a slow connection

...or when you use a dongle and have a measly 7.5 gbs a month...such a waste.

• Advertisement

AntiRip wrote: »

Yeah it wasn't always like that. Very annoying

Advertisement