Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Piano Instrumentals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Buddly

Just a quick bump, if any of ye have a few minutes to check out the links above and let me know what you think I would be very grateful!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I like the flow of it, you definitely have something there.
    You could throw in a few chords here and there to add some colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

Genuinely absolutely loved them. Are they available for download anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

really enjoyed these, fair play hey, there is a nice flow and a nice feel to these pieces,

they are technically impressive enough, without sacrificing anything in the way of melody,

well done

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't expect to get such positive feedback so thats a bit of a boost! Thanks for taking the time.

@Sack: I'm flattered that you're looking for a recording! All I have are the rough recordings used for youtube. If you don't mind the warts and all mp3 from the videos I'd be happy to email them onto you, if you want to PM me your email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

That first piece you linked there reminds me a bit of some of Philip Glass' solo piano works, particularly 'Opening' from Glassworks.

I would have liked to hear like a returning theme in the right hand melody that gives it a sense of closure, but I guess you were going for like a constant growth effect and I like that too!

Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Beautiful pieces, particularly loved the first one!

Hi all, thanks again for listening. I've just uploaded those tracks and a few more besides onto soundcloud. If anyone wants to listen to any more or in the unlikely event you may want to download any, you can do so from there. If you're on soundcloud I'd love to hear from you so feel free to add me and I'll do likewise.

http://soundcloud.com/safari_run

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and thanks for the comments so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Immodest Lullabies is really good,just downloaded it there,nice one!

How long have you been playing if ye don't mind me asking?

No bother, nice to hear of some interest. Been playing what, 15 years... But its on and off, only really started back into it proper the last few years. Definitely don't do 15 years of piano playing justice, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Cool,I'm a novice myself I was just wondering outta curiousity.I'd love to be able to write some pieces like that someday,they're quality now.

I only got the 2 mp3 tracks,Those WAV tracks are too big!

ah its not as difficult as you think. Do a little every day is the best way to learn, you pick up little things from learning new songs. Just mess about with a few different chord progressions and things work themselves out.

Yeah the wav files are a bit ridiculous, I'll replace them with MP3s soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 milliejones

Yes, better than most - the 'left hand' could do with more imagination in the first piece. Try to avoid the cliche descending bass in 2nd peice (i know how hard that can be!).

Advertisement