Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barring of Private number on Nokia N8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Be a bit more clear please. You want to block a number? Or stop a number being blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SinMah

Hi,

My sister house phone is ex directory, she tried to ring this evening from the house phone and N8 wouldnt let me answer it. I ring it from my own house number and its fine. Same provider, so not sure why.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

SinMah wrote: »
    Hi,

My sister house phone is ex directory, she tried to ring this evening from the house phone and N8 wouldnt let me answer it. I ring it from my own house number and its fine. Same provider, so not sure why.

Thanks

Can you explain this a bit more. The N8 rang, you saw the call/end buttons and said 'private number' but it kept ringing when you pressed the green button?

If this is the case, the handset was rekeypad locked after it rang, or a software problem. Try it again to confirm. If the handset had a bar on the calls it wouldn't ring you.

Advertisement