Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer Codes/Lock

Options
  • 22-02-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

altor,
    Would you know of a few common engineer's codes? The default one isn't working for me. My unit was installed years ago, and I can't even begin to remember the name of the company that did it...
    Also, would I be right in saying that even if I did a factory reset, there would be no guarantee the code would reset to the default? Something about a "engineer lock"? I'm thinking it would be very likely any engineer would have enabled this, so as not to lose my business to someone else...
    Can't thank you enough for all this help! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

altor,
    Would you know of a few common engineer's codes? The default one isn't working for me. My unit was installed years ago, and I can't even begin to remember the name of the company that did it...
    Also, would I be right in saying that even if I did a factory reset, there would be no guarantee the code would reset to the default? Something about a "engineer lock"? I'm thinking it would be very likely any engineer would have enabled this, so as not to lose my business to someone else...
    Can't thank you enough for all this help! :D

All companys have different codes. If the system is engineer locked it can be easily defaulted by an engineer to factor settings. The only way you will know if it is, is if you try the factory default. Turn off the mains, open the top lid on the control panel. Remove the battery and default links. They are on either side of the top of the control panel. Outside bell will ring. Put back in battery link, go to keypad and enter 4711. If the alarm disarms it is not engineer locked and defaulted. Put back in default link, close up lid, turn back on mains. Reprogram alarm. Engineer code 1174. If this does not work your user code will turn off the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 EsteemedEntity

altor wrote: »
    All companys have different codes. If the system is engineer locked it can be easily defaulted by an engineer to factor settings. The only way you will know if it is, is if you try the factory default. Turn off the mains, open the top lid on the control panel. Remove the battery and default links. They are on either side of the top of the control panel. Outside bell will ring. Put back in battery link, go to keypad and enter 4711. If the alarm disarms it is not engineer locked and defaulted. Put back in default link, close up lid, turn back on mains. Reprogram alarm. Engineer code 1174. If this does not work your user code will turn off the alarm.

Ah ok. If I reset it, and it is engineer locked, will it be the case that I won't be able to reprogram the alarm, not having the engineer code?

Ah ok. If I reset it, and it is engineer locked, will it be the case that I won't be able to reprogram the alarm, not having the engineer code?

That is correct but you never know your luck :D
    If it is your looking at getting an engineer to unlock it for you.
    If it does default it is a very easy system to reprogram.

That is correct but you never know your luck :D
    If it is your looking at getting an engineer to unlock it for you.
    If it does default it is a very easy system to reprogram.

Ack! I don't like my chances. I'd rather have a few bad settings than no settings at all. Thanks again for all the help!

Ack! I don't like my chances. I'd rather have a few bad settings than no settings at all. Thanks again for all the help!

Why do you want to default the alarm ?

• Advertisement

Can you split the thread please.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Done.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Done.

Thanks

KoolKid wrote: »
    Done.

Thanks!
    Why do you want to default the alarm ?

I don't want to default the alarm, just change one of the settings. Need to make the back door an access point. We're always using it early in the morning, and forget the alarm is on, and wake up the whole house. :D
    Anyway, I'll see if I can get my hands on that engineer who set it up, or will any engineer do?

Thanks!

I don't want to default the alarm, just change one of the settings. Need to make the back door an access point. We're always using it early in the morning, and forget the alarm is on, and wake up the whole house. :D
    Anyway, I'll see if I can get my hands on that engineer who set it up, or will any engineer do?

All you need to do is change the sensor to an entry/exit sensor.

• Advertisement

All you need to do is change the sensor to an entry/exit sensor.

I need to be in engineer mode for that though, don't I? :confused:

I need to be in engineer mode for that though, don't I? :confused:

No you dont need it. The Astec sensors for entry/exit have a blue dot on them. The system can tell the difference between them. When you take the lid off the sensor it will show a tamper. Replace the sensor with an entry/exit sensor and thats it. Unless there is a pir that needs to be put on access to allow you get by it :D

No you dont need it. The Astec sensors for entry/exit have a blue dot on them. The system can tell the difference between them. When you take the lid off the sensor it will show a tamper. Replace the sensor with an entry/exit sensor and thats it. Unless there is a pir that needs to be put on access to allow you get by it :D

Oh! Well I'll do that then. :)
    Thanks again for all your help. Would never have figured it out otherwise.

Oh! Well I'll do that then. :)
    Thanks again for all your help. Would never have figured it out otherwise.

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Advertisement