Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media player suggestions

Options
  • 22-02-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some media player suggestions. I'm currently working on a site that is using quicktime to play multiple mp3's (I don't want to use playlists at this stage) and I'm now beginning to wonder if there is a better option - one that doesn't require anything to be installed on the user's machine.

I've had a look at flash players like Dewplayer. But I'm willing to consider anything that is scalable in terms of height (smaller the better) and width and is also fairly discrete.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

If you want to ensure it will work across all browsers, you're going to need to use a flash player in reality (or at least something that requires a plugin installed) until html 5 capable browsers are widely used.

I'd suggest jw player it's a flash player with lots of features.
    I'm looking for some media player suggestions. I'm currently working on a site that is using quicktime to play multiple mp3's (I don't want to use playlists at this stage) and I'm now beginning to wonder if there is a better option - one that doesn't require anything to be installed on the user's machine.

I've had a look at flash players like Dewplayer. But I'm willing to consider anything that is scalable in terms of height (smaller the better) and width and is also fairly discrete.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Thanks for the suggestion. While it's a great suggestion (possibly one for the future), I'm looking for something that can be used freely for commercial purposes. In this case, it's for a band website and money is tight!

Advertisement