Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 16GB - €429 - 12mt warranty - Apple online Store

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I certainly wouldn't buy iPad 1 at this stage. There is speculation that the official announcement of iPad 2 will be on 02 March.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/02/apple-to-unveil-ipad-2-on-march-2nd.html#more-4845

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Was reading this today http://www.mactrast.com/ipad-2-release-may-be-as-late-as-june/ it might be a bit of help.. ... waiting on a Notionink Adam to come myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

south wrote: »
    Was reading this today http://www.mactrast.com/ipad-2-release-may-be-as-late-as-june/ it might be a bit of help.. ... waiting on a Notionink Adam to come myself at the moment.
    That was debunked. And I can't see it getting the same delay as the first one. So, buyer beware, your shiny new iPad will be outdated in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Major Apple press conference this Thursday to coincide with Steve Jobs' birthday. They're announcing new laptops and i'm hoping Ipads so hold off on buying anything mac until then at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Elohim wrote: »
    Major Apple press conference this Thursday to coincide with Steve Jobs' birthday. They're announcing new laptops and i'm hoping Ipads so hold off on buying anything mac until then at least.
    iPads are next Wednesday, Thursday isn't a press conference, but they are releaseing new Macbooks, probably with Light Peak. Intel are announcing Light Peak thursday as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I felt very smug when the iPad came out. For ages I'd been saying that the iTouch would be really big one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭jacool

Yeah, probably hold off.
    I got an original ipod touch and now it won't go beyond v3.1.3 meaning that there are lots of apps I'm missing out on as I can't go to v4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This would have been a good deal a few months ago. The 2nd hand 16gb wifi units on adverts.ie are all selling for 400+ which is a bit mad imo. I'm going mad for one but going to hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm in the same boat, feel they are a very overpriced unit for what they are.

Apple have a history of never dropping prices for old units, they just discontinue.

I might have a search around on adverts, but I've no intention of buying a new one at €600-700 and no intention of getting an ipad2 on release.

Also dont like paying €450 for an old model.

Then again it is just how apple works, their old 3gs still retails at €480 which is ludacris.

Will scope out adverts come ipad2 launch

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

they are saying now the i pad two will be out next month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement