Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

The CNC are accepting applications for New Constables. Closing date is the 28th February. Might be an option for those fed up waiting for PSNI. Applicants will need three years residency in the UK for an application to be processed.

Recruitment link

CNC careers website

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Do the CNC do ordinary police jobs, Community policing, public order, 999 calls etc also or are they only concerned with installation security?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭CaseyRyback

Ahh, where would the world be without wikipedia?

Cheers Casey.

Jeepers there's some questions being asked on the application form. I had to save it half done and leave it as I was due to go to work. Of course I went to the questions that concerned me most, my financial status and sure enough, felt totally demoralising answering the questions. But I'll finish the form and send it off, if it gets rejected, so be it. It's something I can rectify given time but at least I know if it is a blocker for the immediate future it gives me a clearer prospective on things.

Plus I notice that CNC recruitment is longer than the PSNI, well, for most people. At least 12 months from application to possible job offer.

Well I sat and filled out all of the application for the CNC and decided to not bother going for it and wait for the PSNI. Thankfully I had only filled out the form and not hit the send button as I was still waiting to see if they would reply to my email about my past but very recent financial difficulties. I was giving it serious consideration, but I have been training with a local Volunteer Emergency Services unit and I am loving it so have decided to remain in NI for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,695 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Probably best not being in that nuclear environment all the time. The last thing you want is a baby with a tail.

Advertisement