Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unsolicited text messages

Options
  • 22-02-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guy's i just recieved this text off some ass***e lowlife shower of parasites,excuse the rant but it makes my blood boil to recieve this crap,im lucky in that its the first one i have got in years,where and who is mozzi.com, the text goes as follows
    now enter this pin 7457 to get the location!(info:mozzi.com,0766709877,2 euro signup,only 6 euro per week,end subscription? send stop to 57181,18+)
    I presume its a con job,ie,i send stop and get charged for it.anyone else get this crap,regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

It was the wife entered my number without my knowledge or consent,i spent about 2 hours trying to get to the root of the text,google and comreg were bashed and now she's not talking to me as i 'over reacted' when she came home,she used her own phone and entered my number which should not be allowed as it leave people open the scams and cons,regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BackoBeyonds

A few days ago I got a similar text from the same number. It turns out the only way to stop it is to text STOP back to that number. Then you should get a notification message staying that you're unsubscribed from their service.
    The message I got back was:

"You have been successfully unsubscribed from this service. You will no longer receive any messages from number 57181. Thank you and have a good day."

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jessie Apple

Well I have no memory of signing up for this. I never put in my mobile number into anything. I have texted STOP, but only after seeing a total 32.50 on my phonebill. Now I want to know how to get my money back off the ba**tards.

These are the culprits http://www.mobilefun4u.net/ireland.htm. They suck. I will write to them and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paula.oconnor

omg - this 57181 makes my skin crawl.
    I got a smart phone reduce my phone bill by using Skype and these guys keep adding to my bill.
    I have tried in vain to unsubscribe.

Paula

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paula.oconnor

i eventually got their email address. Sent an email asking for my money back.
    They could not refund my Vodafone account and asked for my bank details. Eventually they refunded my paypal account.

They now have a scam going whereby when you log off from the new dunnes.ie shopping on line - they pop up a web page outlining a competion to win 500 euro vouchers for dunnes. you give them your mobile number, they text you .......

I reported this to Dunnes who cannot stop it.

Crazy crazy crazy

keeping comreg very busy.
    Paula

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Just got a Text from this crowd 57181 Mozzi today. The only thing I can link it to is an Argos order I put in today that needed my mobile number. It could hardly be Argos selling on details.....

Advertisement