Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Few Q's..

Options
  • 22-02-2011 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm really interested in doing the Undenominated Science course in UCC and I justhave a few questions about the course and university.
    -How many hours a week do Science students do?
    -What's the night life/social life like? I'll only be 17 if I go so I'm just a bit worried about that aspect of things.
    -Can you take electives outside your course?
    -How much study would you have to put in on average?
    -Would you reccomend the course?
    -Is studying abroad in the US very competitive? I would love to study abroad in the US and it is one of the mina reasons I'm choosing UCC
    -What are the facilities like and the university in general?
    -Is the campus accomadation nice?
    I know I have loads of questions so thanks alot for replying:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

-What's the night life/social life like? I'll only be 17 if I go so I'm just a bit worried about that aspect of things.

From what I've read on this forum and being out myself, they ask quite a bit for ID. You might get asked a lot for it. Nightlife is pretty good, pubs are nice and in certain places, drinks are cheap. Wouldn't be keyed in on nightclubs - although I've never been, boardsies here tell me to avoid a place called 'Mangans', it's supposed to be notorious, of the 'rough' kind.
    -How much study would you have to put in on average?

Varies from student to student. Some do a lot, a little or none. Depends really on the subject and your passion.
    -What are the facilities like and the university in general?

Excellent college, can't really recommend it enough. Facilities for me will differ 'cause I'm in a non-Science related course. Staff, subjects, departments, library, lecture halls, rooms etc. are all spot on. With regard to campus accommodation, it varies again. Students have good/bad experiences and it comes down to the person involved. There's a sticky on the forum's homepage with regard to it. Have a look in there and ask around. But with UCC you've made a good choice!

Advertisement