Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs Line-Up 2011

Options
  • 22-02-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Line-up here... http://2011.thecatlaughs.com/artists/

Hector??? :confused:

Line Up

Abandoman
    Afternoon De-Write with David O'Doherty & Friends
    Wil Anderson
    Bo Burnham
    Jason Byrne
    Damian Clark
    Alun Cochrane
    John Colleary
    Roisin Conaty
    Fred Cooke
    Ian Coppinger
    Paddy Courtney
    Greg Davies
    Neil Delamere
    Dislike! A Facebook Guide to the Recession
    Carl Donnelly
    Keith Farnan
    Gearoid Farrelly
    Tom Gleeson
    Rich Hall
    Nick Helm
    Maeve Higgins
    Alex Horne
    Ireland Vs The Rest Of The World Football Match
    Eric Lalor
    Josie Long
    Andrew Maxwell
    Sarah Millican
    Barry Murphy
    Colin Murphy
    David O'Doherty
    Ardal O'Hanlon
    Hector O'hEochagain
    Colm O'Regan
    Jarlath Regan
    Jon Richardson
    The Rubberbandits
    The Horne Section
    Karl Spain
    Andrew Stanley
    The Pursuit of Happiness
    Eleanor Tiernan
    Tommy Tiernan
    Tim Vine
    Seann Walsh
    Dermot Whelan
    Jack Whitehall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Would love to check out Bo Burnham!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed with the line up. I've been going to the Cat Laughs for 12 years and it seems to be getting very samey. I struggled to pick out 4 comedians on the same bill that I wanted to go see. In most cases there were 2 people that I'd have no interest in seeing in each show. What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed with the line up. I've been going to the Cat Laughs for 12 years and it seems to be getting very samey. I struggled to pick out 4 comedians on the same bill that I wanted to go see. In most cases there were 2 people that I'd have no interest in seeing in each show. What do you guys think?

I found a line-up with Rich Hall and Bo Burnham on it, but then there were two other Irish names that I'd have no interest in seeing. Pity Burnham couldn't just do a one-man show!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wouldn't mind seeing Tim Vine and Greg Davies in concert, but as Deise Dolly said its getting a bit samey. Whilst there are stellar and very good comedians on that list, there's no real marquee name and its very similar to past shows except they've lost some of the bigger names now like Dara O'Briain, John Bishop etc.

Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No Robbie Bonham? Pah! When will he get his proper break?

Used to go to the Cat laughs religiously, but it's lost it's sparkle with me. Pretty much all of the acts can be seen later in the year (after refining their shows) plus (as others have mentioned) I rarely see a show where I like all of the acts. There's usually one or two comedians I want to see acompanied by two I have little or no interest in seeing.

Think i'll pass this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

This is where Edinburgh really excels, comedians doing solo shows so you go to see who you want. But they also do group shows later in the night like 'Late and Live' etc if you want to see a few comedians. That festival is really well setup and run but then it is on a much bigger scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Carl Donnelly
    I caught this dude doing some 20-minute sets at Edinburgh last year, he's funny as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

My friend always goes to this, I haven't been yet but have started getting into comedy :D I might tag along with him this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

It is pretty much the same names every year. I've been a few times & I have enjoyed myself but at this stage I've seen everyone I want to.

The first couple of years I went, I saw 3+ shows each weekend where I liked at least 2 but sometimes 3 or even all 4 of the acts. Then the 3rd year I went there was only 1 show that appealed to me. Last year I gave it a skip & probably won't bother this year either.

I agree that they should have more solo shows. It's grand giving some smaller names a chance and sometimes it good to have a bit of variety. But usually what happens is someone you're enjoying leaves the stage too soon.

They never have really big international names either. It'd be great if they had someone like Chris Rock at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Always wanted to go to Cat Laughs, but always have the awkward decision to make seeing as it's the same time as the Rory Gallagher Festival (and a **** load of other good festivals, including Life), but Rory wins it every year - and going by the not-so-amazing lineup of Cat Laughs, this year is no exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah, also getting a hotel or B&B down there the weekend of is usually a nightmare and the prices are jacked up that weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clarkej2

There are some brilliant new acts this year... there's free tickets going here: http://www.rte.ie/irelandsfunniest/
    If you submit a funny joke or story...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Galvasean wrote: »
    No Robbie Bonham? Pah! When will he get his proper break?

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Alas, I shall be doing some talks on comic art at the 2D festival that weekend. Anyway, 'tis not really a 'breaking' kinda festival. Not how it used ta be... (he edited sheepishly)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

Yeah, also getting a hotel or B&B down there the weekend of is usually a nightmare and the prices are jacked up that weekend....

Have to agree with you there. Pretty much all the hotels and B&Bs used to have a 2 night minimum stay policy, which is really annoying. Not sure what the story is for this year's festival, given that a lot of people don't have that kind of disposable income anymore. Only stayed up there for the weekend once, but I've driven up and down or gotten a lift every other year, rather than pay jacked up prices to greedy hotels.

Advertisement