Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAT college?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello all! I am interested in doing a web design course for beginners in IBAT college. It's a bit expensive though (600 euro for 9 weeks, only 3 hours a week). Is it worth of paying so much? Has anyone heard about this college or maybe you completed a course already? How was it? And also, I receive Jobseeker's Allowance, does anyone know if I will get a discount? Thank all. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

There is no way in hell 27 hours is enough. If they are implying it is, or that you will get a job from it, avoid them.

A year full-time would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 galdikas

Well it is web design for starters. So maybe they just teach you HTML.. For which that time frame id say is quite enough. But then again instead of paying 600 euro for it id rather type www.w3schools.com into my browsers address bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

galdikas wrote: »
    Well it is web design for starters. So maybe they just teach you HTML.. For which that time frame id say is quite enough. But then again instead of paying 600 euro for it id rather type www.w3schools.com into my browsers address bar :D

He said a web design course, not a html course. There's a lot more to web design than html.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 galdikas

cormee wrote: »
    He said a web design course, not a html course. There's a lot more to web design than html.

Yeah i realize that. But HTML is the start. And that is where you start web-design at. If you don't have at least the basic HTML there is no point in even start looking at "There's a lot more to web design than html" part...

Advertisement