Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you remember?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,
    Need to find the name of a packet of sweets from about 5 or 6 years ago,
    It's a roll of chocolate sweets similar to rolo but a longer packet with a gold wrapper, I think it's starts with an "M"...They were an expensive packet about €1 or more...

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scotchannie

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Meller

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

I think they were called maloborou - a neighbour used to get them and they were soo dear at £1.20:D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

meller weren't like rolo, they were toffees filled with chocolate weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Oh God.. My OH is obsessed with these. They can still be bought I just can't recall the name!! It's going to drive me mental.

Are they almost like Werther originals shaped but thinner? With a dip in the centre?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

bensboys wrote: »
    I think they were called maloborou - a neighbour used to get them and they were soo dear at £1.20:D
    Marabou - still available today -
    marabou.jpg

But was it just chocolate the OP meant or were they chocolate covered toffee/caramel like rolo?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

All of you sweet and choc lovers, especially retro ones...go here, its brand new and BRILLIANT!!!

www.pennyjellies.ie

Enjoy!

Sorry...I meant...www.pennyjellies.com

star-pants wrote: »
    Marabou - still available today -
    marabou.jpg

But was it just chocolate the OP meant or were they chocolate covered toffee/caramel like rolo?

You absolute star. My head was flipping WRECKED thinking about it. Even made several calls to no avail!
    They are super tasty, OP never mentioned caramel but when I mentioned the words chocolate, roll and dipped centre , everyone's reply was "rolo?" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Nah twas just the OP said 'chocolate sweets like rolo' so I wasn't sure if they just meant that shape/size or meant similar style of sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭geecee

They can be bought in Ikea... in teh Swedish food area outside the main checkouts...

Loads of varieties too... even Daim flavour!

• Advertisement

geecee wrote: »
    They can be bought in Ikea... in teh Swedish food area outside the main checkouts...

Loads of varieties too... even Daim flavour!

Delighted I live no where near Ikea! :P

I'd be the size of a house!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shona_0323

That's them!
    I'm not even a big fan of them but once it got mentioned, it was tormenting me! They still sell them in the little sweet shop in my home town.

Glad you found what you were looking for Shona_0323!

And, a little off topic but is there a reason why people keep pimping that sweet website?!
    Nearly every candy thread I go into has someone plugging that site.
    Give it a rest?!

Well I found it as I was looking for stuff myself a while ago. Its an Irish site, This is boards.IE not .CO.UK so what's wrong if people get what they want?

If you read the scant handful of posts before you made yours, you'd have seen that someone already posted that link.

Don't believe I ever protested people promoting Irish sites either, just nearly all of your posts are dedicated to plugging that site. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They have them under the "chocolate" link on www.pennyjellies.com

25% of your posts mention that website. Do not post about it again or I'll have to assume that you're shilling and a ban will result.

Advertisement