Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another q in joomla

Options
  • 22-02-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

i have a mysql database - can i pull the info from the database into a joomla site as i was goin to build the site via joomla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

This question is a bit vague.

joomla is based on mysql database.

If you have other information in another mysql database, you can pull it back with some custom php script. The way it is displayed will depend on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

yeah ive another database that i would want to pull info from - how'd i go about this

Hi,

Is there a specific reason why you want them in another database. Youc an add the tables to the joomla database to keep management down.

Choice is yours.

But basically, you will need to connect to the db, and pull the data back all within a php script. The database connection variables are held in the configuration.php file. You would have to add your new db details in here.

then you can add the jumi plugin to your joomla backend and call the php script from an article. Might be an easier way to do this, but when I looked to get stuff from the database a few years back this was the solution I came up with. Works ok too.

What are you pulling back and how do you want it displayed. I can copy sample script if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

fugee wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a specific reason why you want them in another database. Youc an add the tables to the joomla database to keep management down.

Choice is yours.

But basically, you will need to connect to the db, and pull the data back all within a php script. The database connection variables are held in the configuration.php file. You would have to add your new db details in here.

then you can add the jumi plugin to your joomla backend and call the php script from an article. Might be an easier way to do this, but when I looked to get stuff from the database a few years back this was the solution I came up with. Works ok too.

What are you pulling back and how do you want it displayed. I can copy sample script if you want.

thanks not sure if im going to do this its just to see if it can be done - i have a mysql database with a number of records and just trying to find out how to incorporate it into a joomla site

sure if you go ahead with it and stuck let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I thought it was just a matter of selecting the database during the initial joomla se-tup :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

have a look at fabrik component http://fabrikar.com/. May make life easier.

Advertisement