Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

messy default addressbook

Options
  • 22-02-2011 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hey guys, I've looked and searched through this forum and can't find a thread on it. So sorry if I'm duplicating.

I got my HTC desire HD two days ago. It's a lovely phone. I'm quite besotted with it's shinyness. But there's one major irritant.

I took the phone out and put in my sim. It copied over all my phone numbers. Then it asked if it could get my facebook contacts. And I thought "hell yeah". This is of course one of the reasons I got a smart phone.

So it downloaded all my facebook contacts. Unfortunately I now have duplicates and there's no way to link them. So if I have an entry called Bob smith from my sim, there's no way to link it to the Bob smith on facebook.

I'd owned a Sony Ericsson before and I assumed that the address book would be something similar. That I could at least add the phone number to the facebook entry or add the facebook account to the phone number entry.

I had over 400 friends on facebook and two hundred phone numbers. Sometimes I had multiple phone numbers for the same person and It's just annoying trying to sort through them. Besides the fact that all my facebook contacts are "first name, Last name" and all my sim contacts have copied over as "last name, first name".

I'm hoping there's a setting I'm missing or at least an app that can do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Copy all sim contacts as google contacts and then stop showing sim contacts (I deleted them, I don't use sim contacts). You'll then be able to edit your contacts on your pc in gmail and can link them to facebook ones on your phone. Google contacts are much easier manage and have lots more information, sim contacts are limited in size and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi,
    I have the same issues with contacts.

Cheers for the reply Pog,
    Not sure how to do this but will figure it out,
    Kippy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

On mine. When I go into contacts and open any contact there's a link in the top right hand corner. When I click that it gives me the option to link to a Facebook contact or other contact in the address book.

Once I link them the duplicate goes away. I'm using the Desire HD and it's stock contacts so you should have similar options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye you can defo link the contacts on HTC Sense!
    On plain android you go to edit contact, then hit menu, and then hit "link".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Sconsey

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Copy all sim contacts as google contacts and then stop showing sim contacts (I deleted them, I don't use sim contacts).

Can anyone explain please how to do that? I have numbers on my sim, I can copy them to the SD card as a .vcf file but the contacts are still being read from the sim, I cannot link the sim contacts with the Google contacts so I have loads of duplicated (one for a persons number stored on sim and one for the same persons email).

Desire running Sense

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i think you click import, and then it asks where you want to import them too. You select google and it starts syncing.

Advertisement