Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid credit cards in the US

Options
  • 22-02-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

I know there must be threads on this, but I've tried search and I can't seem to see any. Sorry if there are.

I'm heading to the US for 2 weeks and don't want to bring a large amount of cash with me. I'd prefer to have a credit card style thing with me.

So, does anyone have an opinion/ experience with which prepaid credit card would be best? I was thinking of the payzone one, but the fees (particularly in foreign currencies) seem a bit high. The 02 card looks interesting but as it's chip & pin only will this cause a problem? I don't want to be over there with most of my money on the card and be unable to access it!

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The O2 Money card should be fine (they'll still have a magnetic stripe on the back for swiping). Fees are a issue with all of them, so it's just a matter of finding one that works for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cheers. I actually emailed them this morning and got a really prompt reply telling me the same thing so I went and got one. Very seamless, card looks good and I like that you can just load up from your bank.

Now I just need to test it! :p

Advertisement