Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event Opals

Options
  • 22-02-2011 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Ok, I've decided that I'm gonna upgrade the weakest chain in the link! Changing my crappy Alesis M1's to the Events!

Now as you all know there damned expensive but was just wondering if you seasoned engineers would know a cheaper place to buy excluding the usual Thomann/Musicstore.de

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

no idea but damn good choice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

Although I don't use them anymore as my main monitors (i use them for testing a mix) i never found the Alesis m1's to be crappy, they are very HiFi sounding, if that makes sense . I was always able to produce a balanced mix that translated well. I think, learning a monitor has a lot to do with it (but I aint an expert) .

The Events are without question in a different league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

danjokill wrote: »
    Although I don't use them anymore as my main monitors (i use them for testing a mix) i never found the Alesis m1's to be crappy, they are very HiFi sounding, if that makes sense . I was always able to produce a balanced mix that translated well. I think, learning a monitor has a lot to do with it (but I aint an expert) .

The Events are without question in a different league

danjokill I totally agree with everything you said, you should certainly know your room and monitors. I have the Alesis m1 MK2's actives (with the front bass ports) and i just find them excessively bass heavy with very little detail in the low mids but they do make excellent Hi-Fi speakers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

dfer wrote: »
    danjokill I totally agree with everything you said, you should certainly know your room and monitors. I have the Alesis m1 MK2's actives (with the front bass ports) and i just find them excessively bass heavy with very little detail in the low mids but they do make excellent Hi-Fi speakers!

they are very bass heavy. they were my first set of monitors and i used to stuff the sub ports with rolled up socks to get them to translate properly.

Advertisement