Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mideast troubles - next CIA(US) job...

Options
  • 21-02-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

...well, for me looks like: little 'touch',inside job causing unrest in 'oil' countries ..so what next, 'peaceful' US intervention to 'secure democratic elections' new puppet US-friendly 'goverments' ... and 90% of global oil will be controlled by BBs 'friends' :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

...well, for me looks like: little 'touch',inside job causing unrest in 'oil' countries ..so what next, 'peaceful' US intervention to 'secure democratic elections' new puppet US-friendly 'goverments' ... and 90% of global oil will be controlled by BBs 'friends' :)
    Well let's look a the countries which have experienced uprisings so far and compare them to this list of oil reserves.

Tunisia - 0.03% of the world
    Egypt - 0.27%
    Bahrain - 0.01%
    Libya - 3.24%

Not very much, is it?

Now let's look at the regimes in those countries.

Tunisia - Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in power for 24 years. Currently in exile but wanted by the countries Security agency in order to answer questions regarding a large amount of gold which has suddenly gone missing.

Egypt - Hosni Mubarak in power for nearly 30 years. Had placed his son Gamal, as next in line for power. Abdicated but currently has had a number of offshore assets frozen by Swiss authorities.

Bahrain - Ruled by the same family for nearly 200 years. Currently enforcing a crack down on protesters with nearly 400 arrested so far with 7 confirmed deaths.

Libya - General al-Gaddafi. 'nuff said?

Now, what's more likely, Western powers causing unrest in countries with a fraction of the worlds oil reserves? Or a tide of reform being sought by the downtrodden people of those countries?

EDIT: Looks like Gaddafi has lost it..
    “I have not yet ordered the use of force, not yet ordered one bullet to be fired ... when I do, everything will burn,” he said.

He called on supporters to take to the streets to attack protesters. “You men and women who love Gaddafi ...get out of your homes and fill the streets,” he said. “Leave your homes and attack them in their lairs ... Starting tomorrow the cordons will be lifted, go out and fight them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

ok, 90% was quite too far :) but this is only begining...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I just can never think the US doesnt have its hand in this somehow. At present I'm yet to hear/realise what their actions may be and why they'd be bothered doing this.

on another note CIA agents are apparently all over Pakistan...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/feb/22/raymond-davis-pakistan?INTCMP=SRCH

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

bc dub wrote: »
    I just can never think the US doesnt have its hand in this somehow.

No. The last thing the US ruling class wants is autonomous democractic states in the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

yes but not so much the obama and clinton patrol, imo its darker forces in the background. i just read one of the best articles i've ever read online and it pretty much blames the uprising(s) on the IMF !

http://pubrecord.org/nation/8947/analysis-global-insurrection-against/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=analysis-global-insurrection-against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

How people can continue to blame outside forces when the government of Libya comes out and says this..
    A security service spokesman goes on Libyan TV to offer an amnesty to protesters who lay down their arms: "The General Libyan People's Committee calls on people who have any weapons which they received illegally to surrender them. He who submits his weapon and shows remorse will be exempt from legal prosecution. The committee calls on citizens to help them by informing them about those who misled young people, or supplied them with money, equipment or intoxicating substances and hallucinatory pills. A monetary reward will be given to anyone who reports them or provides any information which will help us arrest them."

So basically rather than admitting that people are unhappy with the regime, they're claiming they're all off their tits on drugs. Awesome.

This is, of course, ignoring the fact that large swathes of the military are abandoning their positions and the streets are being controlled by armed militia men.

EDIT: And now he's blaming blaming Bin Laden for this. :D
    Colonel Qaddafi, speaking in an impassioned 30 minute phone call to a Libyan television station, appeared particularly incensed by the revolt in Zawiya, close as it was to the capital. In a rambling discourse, he blamed the uprising on the Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, saying he had drugged the people, giving them “hallucinogenic pills in their coffee with milk, like Nescafe.”

“Those people who took your sons away from you and gave them drugs and said let them die are launching a campaign over cellphones against your sons, telling them not to obey their fathers and mothers, and they are destroying their country,” he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

lol blaming Al-Kaida ... everyone seems to blame these poor feckers :)
    btw how libyan 3.2% of oil resources can cause rise of petrol price in Ireland ...strange

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Colonel Qaddafi, speaking in an impassioned 30 minute phone call to a Libyan television station, appeared particularly incensed by the revolt in Zawiya, close as it was to the capital. In a rambling discourse, he blamed the uprising on the CIA's Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, saying he had drugged the people, giving them “hallucinogenic pills in their coffee with milk, like Nescafe.”

“Those people who took your sons away from you and gave them drugs and said let them die are launching a campaign over cellphones against your sons, telling them not to obey their fathers and mothers, and they are destroying their country,” he said.

Now it makes perfect sense;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

America and Israel are working behind the scenes to agitate the populations in the middle east in order to destabilise the region and gain unfettered access to its oil reserves once the Countries have entered a state of collapse/chaos. Discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

And how does that explain Israel's support of Mubarak, and their subsequent unease since his toppling?

• Advertisement

No idea, unfortunate by-product? Time was up, no longer needed, surplus to requirements, here's your P45 Muam old pal??
    What's your view?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

And how does that explain Israel's support of Mubarak, and their subsequent unease since his toppling?

Ever heard the story of Saddam Hussein of Iraq?

In short...

NSFW - http://www.indybay.org/uploads/admin_uploads/2006/12/30/saddam_Rumsfeld_and_death.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Ever heard the story of Saddam Hussein of Iraq?

In short...

NSFW - http://www.indybay.org/uploads/admin_uploads/2006/12/30/saddam_Rumsfeld_and_death.jpg

That is very short, did anything of note happen in the region between 1983 and 2006?

Best mates, have some cash, big party, bit too rough, thats ok, naughty naughty, careful now,that'll learn you, off with your head.
    Basically.

On topic, it does all appear a tad convenient, in the longer term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

That is very short, did anything of note happen in the region between 1983 and 2006?

Well if you class 10 years of crippling sanctions against the Iraqi people followed by an illegal invasion based on lies resulting in the deaths of thousands and thousands of innocent people, then yeah plenty of note happened between 83' & 2006.

If you were a big, hairy Country that is basically screwed without oil, and a bunch of (IN YOUR EYES) desert dwellers happens to have quite a lot of oil, what would you do to ensure you are not screwed? Really? You would go that far?!?! Well how much farther do you think America would go then? Remember, the survival of your way of life is at stake here, its game up without the fuel. At what would you stop? I think they would understandably stop at nothing, literally, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I know a bit off topic,while i agree people will do anything to get their oil,and even if the man was vile,but could you find it in your heart to not post the hanging of another human being on a thread without a warning in future thanks.

Advertisement