Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Politics or Criminology

Options
  • 21-02-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Have a query would be greatful if anyone to give me any help.

How many hours per week/day are the lectures the MA in Politics or the MA in Criminology.

Would it be necessary to move to Cork to take up these courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Have a query would be greatful if anyone to give me any help.

How many hours per week/day are the lectures the MA in Politics or the MA in Criminology.

Would it be necessary to move to Cork to take up these courses?

Anyone, any answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Anyone, any answers?

No idea to be honest. I'd recommend emailing the departments or the lecturers themselves. I have the lecturer who runs the criminology Master's for a sociology of deviance module and he's a lovely man. I'm sure he'd reply to you with the information you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Byron85 wrote: »
    No idea to be honest. I'd recommend emailing the departments or the lecturers themselves. I have the lecturer who runs the criminology Master's for a sociology of deviance module and he's a lovely man. I'm sure he'd reply to you with the information you need.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

For MA Politics it's two modules per teaching period, a minimum of 2 contact hours per module so you'd be on campus for at least 4 hours per week, potentially more if there are discussion classes etc. Depending on how far away you are, commuting may be an option - though it's unlikely that your contact hours will be the same day so you could be traveling up and down 2 or 3 times per week.

If you look at the modules you can take per teaching period and then look them up in the book of modules you can get an idea of how the contact hours stack up.

Advertisement