Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get reasonably priced back protector

Options
  • 21-02-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

As above... am in the Kildare area. They seem so expensive but I really need to get one as I do a good bit of cross country riding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Horsemania

Hi, I got my racesafe one in Arkle Saddelry Carnew for €155.00.(a while back). I thought that was a great price as my one bofore that cost €250.00 for the same body protector in another shop. I had a Harry Hall one before this which was not expensive but it was so uncomfortable I had to stop using it. Not sure if this helps you or if you think thats still too expensive, but for some reason anything equestrian costs silly money.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

try equestrianclearance.com, theyre usually quite reasonable for most things, dont know about back protectors specifically. on that note, im in the same boat actually, hunter trial season starting soon and i dont wear one normally, just for xc, any ideas on the least rigid and constricting? i hate wearing them but i wont go xc without one!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

TRI have 20% off back protectors at the moment if you are near the Curragh... had a look there last week and they have some for under €100 at normal prices.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A good helmet and a good back protector are essential kit and one area I would not skimp on. You need a level 3 minimum backprotector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

I just got a Rodney Powell in Tri Equestrian, and i'd give them 5*. Staff are super friendly, very helpfull and not pushy!
    Tried for a Racesafe but im inbetween sizes:/
    The Rodney Powell even though it looks bulky it isnt at all! very comfortable and you can adjust it more then you can with the racesafe.
    You can also get shoulder pads for the Rodney Powell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Thanks for your replies.

I've spent the last two hours looking them up on the net trying to compare prices and my head is melted. :confused: The Racesafe one is a great deal alright but they only have large and x large. The Harry Hall ones seem to be reasonable but as a pp said above, am worried it'll be uncomfortable.

There's a saddlery close to where I live (wanted to avoid it as its very pricey) but I think I'll just have to get something there.

Thanks again :)

Well, I got a Champion one last week and it's paid for itself already cos I fell off earlier. :(

Glad I got it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Hope your ok?

Borderfox wrote: »
    Hope your ok?

Oh am grand thanks ;)

Just some strained neck muscles and battered confidence!

• Advertisement
Advertisement