Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desire HD now coming to 02

Options
  • 21-02-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

in 3 weeks...according to a lad in the 02 shop in nutgrove..he could have been telling porkies but i asked him a few times and he seemed so sure...hope its true!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chinchin

DRice wrote: »
    in 3 weeks...according to a lad in the 02 shop in nutgrove..he could have been telling porkies but i asked him a few times and he seemed so sure...hope its true!!!

Any idea how much or if it'll be bill pay or pre-pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lambchopper

hey DRice , ye that was me. I checked with the supplier after you called to confirm and apparently it's not the HD we are getting but the Desire S.

I assumed it was the HD when I first heard about it but it is in fact the S.

Also it's not due until mid april (this of course is subject to change) so I wouldn't put money on that or anything.

you can check it out here http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_s-3776.php

Sorry for the mix-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

thanks for clearing that up...not waiting untilmid april....probably june for the "practically the same as the desire desire s"...assume ye have desires in some of the stores...total let down but nothin else on offer :(

extreme frustration here btw..the normal desire is a vastly inferior phone to the HD and o2 is the only network not carrying it. thank you , you brain dead gom that decided o2 were not running this phone...and then worse stubbornly sticking with your silly decision :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Never ceases to amaze just how far Ireland is behind in getting the latest phones and gadgets, im also with T-Mobile in UK and i was offered a special deal a while back on a 24 month contract, a Desire HD for £25 a month with 600 mins,600 texts and unlimited internet (i shudder to think how much it would cost in Ireland, it's not even bleedin available FFS:eek: ) im very happy with Android running on my HD2 and my rolling one month contract so i declined, plus the proposed HTC Pyramid is due out in a few months and by all accounts will blow any other smartphone out of the water if the rumours about the spec of the phone are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I would stay away from it on O2. They will more likely badly delay any future updates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

jonnny68 wrote: »
    the proposed HTC Pyramid is due out in a few months and by all accounts will blow any other smartphone out of the water if the rumours about the spec of the phone are anything to go by.

not really. HTC is coming "late" to the dual core party, and the 1.2ghz dual core expected onboard sounds like the same dual core in other phones, only clocked higher, so expect an easy overclock on other scorpion based dual core phones.

also, its a 4g device, so its not coming anywhere near the UK. ireland is behind the UK on these things, but were all behind the US and korea. Evo 4g anyone? its been out for months and no port to us gsm suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well no one is sure what the pyramid is :) it could be just overblown rumour as usual :P

Either way HTC has managed to get 1080p video recording with single core. Where as other OEM's managed only to get it with dual core :)

I think efficiency over power is more important :P

Advertisement