Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish sports council gives out 25.5 million euros to various sports not one penny to

• 21-02-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

irish sports council awards 25 .5 million euros for 2011 ,not one penny to rugby league ireland . well who was asleep at the wheel when it was raining money for sports in ireland, read the full list on www.irishsportscouncil.ie ie, tug of war ireland 23.000, horse shoe throwers, 4.000. baton twirling sports 13.500. when players who represent:: ireland :: pay there own or at least all of there own hard earned money on air fares, hotels and other was there another oppertuinity missed here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

ISC have to recognise RLI as a national governing body before they provide funding.

from what i hear this can take up to 3 years to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

but rugby league has been played here before american football who recieved a massive load of cash .

its three years from application. not sure when rli applied but i have been told that they have done so.

I dont agree with american football getting any money as they have no national or rep sides and charge clubs four figure sums to play each year.

Hopefully RLI get recognised soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 billy slater

the fact you dont agree with american football kellco doesnt matter. the point is they got it because they went through the correct procedures and rli didnt. well done whoever is running american football in ireland and shame on rli once again.
    has anyone seen the job application for new rli coach on website. (human resource jan 04) comment is my favourite. what a terrible effort by gordon i presume to just cut and paste from his old job and most of it (a strong focus in customer service) completely irrelevant and makes no sense. season starts in 1 month teams not confirmed no fixtures up yet looks like it will be worst year yet unfortunately

Fixtures are being finalised as they had to be put to the clubs first.

Rli have applied to the isc don't know why it wasn't done earlier but I agree it should have been done years ago.

• Advertisement

your earlier reply to me kellco forgot to mention your taughts on the job descirtion on the rli website that the rli chairman has posted. do you think its well written and informative kellco?
    i disagree with your statement about no fixtures being up is putting clubs first. this is what happened last year and it means trying to recruit teams late on that wont be committed to the competition and will result in fixtures getting cancelled as happened last year. its better to have a 6 team comp with committed teams rather than 12 teams where some teams struggle to field teams at times and the comp becomes a joke. ive been seriously involved in league in ireland for 5 years and im highlighting these facts because i love the game but am worried for it here and frustrated, irritated and annoyed by what ive had to deal with from rli board.

I don't see any issue with the job description its very striaght forward.

Re the fixtures what i said was they were put to the clubs. To give the clubs a chance to comment on them. whats wrong with that?

I was at the meeting and have seen the fixtures.

ok well im just thinking that as it says the potential coach must be able to master microsoft word for example that its bit amateurish to have the human resources (jan 04) at the bottom of the page so it might be a good idea to try and change that before the potential applicants see it and if you honestly think the customer focus comment is appropriate then fair enough
    ive attended the meetings where clubs are asked about fixtures and its usually just about a few clubs saying they wont be able to field team on weekends when irish music festivals are on which i disagree with.
    last year there was new team sheets handed out which was a good idea to try regulate the registration of players. at every home game i provided the sheet to opposition coach thus fulfilling my role. however in 2 away games i was told the team sheet was forgotten and in one game the opposition had 2 players sent off for dangerous play recieving suspensions, however i doubt they recieved them as their 20 man squad on the day only had 17 on team sheet and most were put down as nicknames so we both know that this good idea was a waste of time as im sure this club(run by an rli board member) were never reprimanded or told of their mistake. this highlights the mickey mouse operation it is and ive got a plenty more examples that are worse if you want them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MerryWhistleblo

big barrie wrote: »
    but rugby league has been played here before american football who recieved a massive load of cash .

Dan Rooney?

ok well im just thinking that as it says the potential coach must be able to master microsoft word for example that its bit amateurish to have the human resources (jan 04) at the bottom of the page so it might be a good idea to try and change that before the potential applicants see it and if you honestly think the customer focus comment is appropriate then fair enough
    ive attended the meetings where clubs are asked about fixtures and its usually just about a few clubs saying they wont be able to field team on weekends when irish music festivals are on which i disagree with.
    last year there was new team sheets handed out which was a good idea to try regulate the registration of players. at every home game i provided the sheet to opposition coach thus fulfilling my role. however in 2 away games i was told the team sheet was forgotten and in one game the opposition had 2 players sent off for dangerous play recieving suspensions, however i doubt they recieved them as their 20 man squad on the day only had 17 on team sheet and most were put down as nicknames so we both know that this good idea was a waste of time as im sure this club(run by an rli board member) were never reprimanded or told of their mistake. this highlights the mickey mouse operation it is and ive got a plenty more examples that are worse if you want them.

More please

• Advertisement

another example merry if your looking for one is a game last year when for some reason that i cant remember 3 members of englands student rugby league players were in attendance, i think they had been in ireland that week for a tournament but i could be wrong. all 3 players were of course registered with clubs in england but it didnt stop the opposition coach when he found out who they were from asking them to play on his team. 2 of them played i think and i know one of them scored 2 tries so should this be allowed. its unfair to highlight this instance as it happened in plenty of games similar stories.

my next example is really good if you want it

If I'm right this was in the semi finals? And if I recall you never mentioned this to the match officials. I do remember te first incident as I was there and I remember being told to f*** off by a member of your club when I was speaking to the referee pointing out the names of who he had sent off for the other team.

you are wrong it wasnt in a semi final. strike one. you are wrong i did say it to the match official. strike 2. i dont know about the third statement but it should be on the team sheet for ref whoever was sent off and not just be told by someone on the sideline who could easily be wrong as the numbers didnt match the names which was my point. both the sendings off were for kicks by the opposition, one of them one the head as a player was playing the ball. we actually had a team meeting to discuss if we should stay in the comp because we felt a red card which probably wouldnt even lead to a suspension because of the player reg debacle just gave these teams an opportunity to injure players without consequnces. my players to their credit never retaliated on the field and im sure you wont argue that.
    ill let you respond before getting to my next point

I wouldn't argue that your players didn't get involved because they didn't. I pointed it out to the ref as I knew both players sent off so I wasn't just someone on the sideline saying who it was.

I also took note of what one of them said to the ref as yes it was terrible behaviour and needs to be stamped out in the game completely.

Is the incident with the English student from last season? As I remember a tea you played doing the same

just wanted to highlight that not only did numbers not match names, they used nicknames and didnt even fill in all the players.
    it was after this game that an rli board member who is a referee aswell and was with the opposition made the threat to our coach and some players "ill ref one of your games and thatll teach ye". again i must repeat they had players sent off for dangerous conduct not us. a request was made to rli for him not to be allowed ref our game. one response received from the rli board when they were asked if players got suspension and if action was taken for the threat made was "well (the accused) told me that there was 2 sides to that story". how can this be acceptable. the ref didnt imagine the kicks and they admitted the threat was made but hey thats the way rli works

your missing the point by saying you were at the game and knew the players. that was lucky really but you cant attend every game or know every player. its got to be on team sheets and players registered. yes your right it happened in another game with a player turning up from england on the day playing against us so that must be the game you mean.

Your right I can't be at every game. And yes the teamsheets need to be filled in fully. A few times I have seen teamsheets with only 13 names yet they had subs.

It's an issue that needs to be addressed.

another example merry if your looking for one is a game last year when for some reason that i cant remember 3 members of englands student rugby league players were in attendance, i think they had been in ireland that week for a tournament but i could be wrong. all 3 players were of course registered with clubs in england but it didnt stop the opposition coach when he found out who they were from asking them to play on his team. 2 of them played i think and i know one of them scored 2 tries so should this be allowed. its unfair to highlight this instance as it happened in plenty of games similar stories.

my next example is really good if you want it
    Are you serious? 'Can't REMEMBER'- STUDENTS FROM THE ENGLISH TEAM STAYED IN IRELAND TO PLAY FOR A TEAM IN THE IRISH DOMESTIC COMPETITION Are you taking the piss?

its unfair to highlight this instance as it happened in plenty of games similar ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

sorry merry but its true. i think it might have been a midweek comp in limerick if my memory is correct but either way they were at our game for some reason and they played and i know one of them scored 2 tries. anything ive posted is true.
    hopefully these things are going to be sorted out and i know there are some good people helping in rli.
    how short will the season be this year? players want to learn how to play, learn and improve at league but that cant happen with only a handful of games in a year for most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭flutered

i am wading thro boards as i cannot sleep, i have nothing to do with the sport so my view is, if you are having a bitch fight a public forum is not the place to have it and will not help in your application for dosh.

• Advertisement

i have never registered as a player but could have played in any match i was at , with no registration no team sheets done . i witnessed 2 leinster former players turn out for a club because they wanted early pre season training never seen again , all teams should register there players with signed forms , no form no game . i am sure this would be for insurance reasons , it will be when someone is seriously injured you will have problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newshu

sorry merry but its true. i think it might have been a midweek comp in limerick if my memory is correct but either way they were at our game for some reason and they played and i know one of them scored 2 tries. anything ive posted is true.
    hopefully these things are going to be sorted out and i know there are some good people helping in rli.
    how short will the season be this year? players want to learn how to play, learn and improve at league but that cant happen with only a handful of games in a year for most.

Billy you might think what you say is true and thats easy when you dont check the facts. I was at the game i think you are talking about these 3 English players it was actually one player and he was organised to play by one of your own players who had brought them to the match and asked the opposition coach if he could have a game. nobody including the Coach of the opposition approached the player as you had stated. Granted it was not ideal as the opposition were short on players that day, he played and yes scored 1 try not 2 but I wouldnt whinge too much considering for 2 years in a row you have played former semi professional player in that same semi final then in the following Final and and then this season he came back to play in a Grand Final when he could have also been registered in another country and he hadnt played a single match in the league in either of those seasons at all so your complaint is a bit hypocritical your pretty much doing the same thing. Since when has it become illegal to be registered as a player in two differnt countries and non affiliated competitions at the same time anyway. Would you have rathered that match was cancelled due to lack of numbers like everyone else does. You are right about the league being a shambles but if you could only play previuosly registered players in matches i would say you would be playing against yourself most weeks as most teams struggle for numbers on a regular basis and the last minute mercy dash call on a friday night to get numbers is often what gets a game to go ahead.

big barrie wrote: »
    irish sports council awards 25 .5 million euros for 2011 ,not one penny to rugby league ireland . well who was asleep at the wheel when it was raining money for sports in ireland, read the full list on www.irishsportscouncil.ie ie, tug of war ireland 23.000, horse shoe throwers, 4.000. baton twirling sports 13.500. when players who represent:: ireland :: pay there own or at least all of there own hard earned money on air fares, hotels and other was there another oppertuinity missed here.
    have to eat my words here ,rli have gained recognition as a sports body in ireland hats of to the executive committee, ,, this should mean that clubs wont be fined in british uk sterling again .

Advertisement