Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power racing pages now with added Racing Post

Options
  • 21-02-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

They have made changes to the racing pages, one of which I'm rather dubious of - the ATR write up is now the Racing Post write up. Clearly one should take in a broad range of views, stats and do some inspired guesswork of ones own but I'm not aware RPs staff are of any great quality. Timeform might have been better, still PP have struck a deal with RP for good or ill. Good to see they have put the draw bias in finally. Also new is details on last three runs which is too few but if you click the horse name the RP history opens in pop-up window.

They also have a radio commentary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

mike65 wrote: »
    They have made changes to the racing pages, one of which I'm rather dubious of - the ATR write up is now the Racing Post write up. Clearly one should take in a broad range of views, stats and do some inspired guesswork of ones own but I'm not aware RPs staff are of any great quality. Timeform might have been better, still PP have struck a deal with RP for good or ill. Good to see they have put the draw bias in finally. Also new is details on last three runs which is too few but if you click the horse name the RP history opens in pop-up window.

They also have a radio commentary.

They've had radio commentary for donkeys years, both Irish and UK meetings, it's very handy.

Content wise, well they've always had some level of content on the page. The Racing Post would be described as the horse racing bible so I think it stands up a lot more for your average punter than ATR.

Surprised you didn't mention the biggest change of the lost, push pricing. They are the only, if not one of very few bookmakers, who have live prices updated on their horse racing cards. This ensures what you click is the price you see, no changes when it's added to the race card. This is invaluable as nothing worse than clicking on a price only to be given another, you feel like you're being cheated. Certainly gives then an edge over their competitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Has anyone else used the Racing Post predictor on the site?
    By far the coolest feature I have ever seen on any bookies' site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a bit of fun I was going to test it, the parameters can't be tweaked, unlike on the betting post site.

http://betting.racingpost.com/

Advertisement