Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Freehub Body, spoke length?

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

The current freehub is a shimano Exage hub which has a 7 speed HG cassette on it. I rebuilt this wheel with a mavic open sport rim, 36 hole, as the old rim cracked. The freewheel mechanism in the Exage freehub is failing at the moment. I have an old shimano 600 hub but it has Uniglide freehub on it. I want to replace the existing Exage hub with the Shimano 600 hub and replace the freehub on the 600 with a new HG one. I see that it isn't that difficult find freehub parts, but which replacement freehub do I need for the old uniglide 600 hub?

Will any of these work? I am happy enough to stick with 7 speed as I don't want to buy a new cassette as well.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1161

The other question is regarding the spoke length. When I rebuilt the wheel I used the old spokes, I would like to avoid having to do this again as they are in poor enough shape, particularly the nipples. I tried using the D swiss calculator but I can't find the exact spec for the shimano 600 uniglide hub, so therefore I am at a bit of a loss. Has anyone rebuilt with this sort of hub before? Or could any one point me in the direction of the specs I need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I have a 36h rear exage 7spd hub if you'd be interested in a swap for the 600?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TiTo13

Thanks but I reckon I will stick with the 600, I will have to rebuild the wheel either way, the 600 is a better hub overall as well, just need to find out which freehub body to fit it with.

Advertisement