Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook like button not opening landing page

Options
  • 21-02-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I have a Facebook like button on our website and when I click on it instead of opening the whole page it only opens a login box. Any ideas? I want people to see the page instead of having to login to view it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The "Like" button allows people to like your page directly. This requires them to login.

If you simply want to direct them to your facebook page (with or without liking), then just stick a link to the facebook page on your site instead of the Like button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Thanks

That makes sense.

If I fail I will be back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 trickobrien

I have a Facebook like button on our website and when I click on it instead of opening the whole page it only opens a login box. Any ideas? I want people to see the page instead of having to login to view it.

Thanks

I have had similar issues with the facebook applet,sometimes it display,othertimes its truncated-i would imagine its conflicting with other coding/plugins on the site

Advertisement