Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Choosing & Sourcing a New Gas Boiler

Options
  • 21-02-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi I am looking for some advice on choosing & sourcing a new System A Rated Gas Boiler. My existing boiler a Vokera recently packed in so I am in the market for a new boiler. Like everyone I am looking to get out of it as cheaply as possible. I have looked locally but there seems to be considerable savings to be made from sourcing the boiler in the UK. Can anyone advise what KW I should be looking for - my home is approx 1400 sq foot with 11 radiators. I have been told a Baxi or Potterton boiler would be worth considering - being quoted approx €750 plus delivery for a Main System 24 Eco & €765 for a baxi 24Kw including flue kit, timer, cleaner & inhibitor any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My opinion on this would be to have the plumber do a supply and fit that way he is doin the whole thing. However i know an agent for Potterton Myson and Ravenheat if you want me to pm you there number let me know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

Make sure your gas available is useable for the boiler. There is high calorific natural gas (H-gas) and low calorific natural gas (L-gas). Important when importing!
    Some boilers take both, others have to be adjusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Worcester Bosch is one of the best boilers to buy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jedstaff

Second that Worcester Bosch. A bit more expensive but worth it IMO. Make sure to get authorized installer and 5 year guarantee

Advertisement