Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOP SEED SSFIV IN IRELAND

Options
  • 21-02-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Im looking to find out who the current top seed ie best ssfiv player in ireland is north and south. If I recall it was stavanger for a long period of time but im unsure if he still holds the crown.

Any feedback would be great its for a personal project.

regards Roy

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

It was never me.

Top current players would be.

Cobelcog
    Hound
    The Truth (not sure if he still plays)
    Bush
    Newtype was very good but I don't think he plays any more.

I would say its between Cobels and Hound as to who the best player is, but I have never played The Truth.

If your talking about online rankings via Battle points, I'm pretty sure Bush has the most BP with Blanka (over 17,000bp).

Cobelcog has by far the most tournament wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Yeah if its seed it would have to be cobel from tourney wins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The top seed going into the next Inferno is Doom afaik, and the month before that it was myself. Doubt either of us would claim we're remotely as good as Hound or Cobelcog though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, I AM the top ranked player in the Inferno seeds right now... :P

Not really though. Hound, Cobels and Simon Lau I would consider the very best, with Azza, Sagat, Bush and Blag forming a very close second tier. Then I'd say a third tier of nearly there's with Tetly, me, Ken B, Prenelf, Dreddy, Kirby, Onion and a few others.

Newtype hasn't been playing recently so I'm not ranking him.

I go to everything so my opinion is automatically the most valid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Actually I think Doom's the top seed atm

Edit: lol, doom and dreddy beat me to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Hounds a scrub Azza & Cog are mung, fk you all I'm top seed.

14 Inferno's under my belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ya but Xinkai if you are the only person playing a game its not difficult to top it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Ya but Xinkai if you are the only person playing a game its not difficult to top it :p

In fairness, that's still a challenge for Xinkai.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

have some respect lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

roy nelson wrote: »
    Im looking to find out who the current top seed ie best ssfiv player in ireland is north and south. If I recall it was stavanger for a long period of time but im unsure if he still holds the crown.

Any feedback would be great its for a personal project.

regards Roy

Whats the project?

Best player in the country = Blag. Its open to debate but if we knew what the project was then maybe the right person could be found to suit what your looking for. Realistically, and despite ego ;), any one of Blag, Cog, Dred, Doom, hound, sagat, bush, Farz, etc can beat each other... mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sagat06 wrote: »

What about Joe & VOA....

Oh right, that **** game....

Ok guys, this is one of those threads were someone's looking for an answer, could we please try to stay vaguely on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Top seed is Cobelcog imo. He's won the most tournys, always consistent and is clearly the guy to beat. Seedings work out a little awkward. If you want to know who's won the most and placed highest the most in tournys etc then Cobelcogs Numero Uno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Aye its cobelcog. He won 5 in a row or something. No one else has come near to doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only time I remember Cobelcog not winning was because he threw his stick pad...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only time I remember Cobelcog not winning was because he threw his stick pad...

He lost an Inferno final to Mike/Newtype, but undoubtedly Cobelcog would be the top seed going on tournament results overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't forget Cobelcog came fourth twice, hence his nickname "Mr. Fourth Place"

Tournament results wise, definetely Cobelcog. No-one else comes close.

Cobelcog's lost plenty of times. No one in our scene is invulnerable. But when it comes down to bragging rights over victories, even those I'd place up there with him don't equal him.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Well since i'm the top ranked Irish Honda on XBL (29th overall tyvm) and Honda is the best character in the game logically it follows i'm the best player in the country and probably Europe. I don't think you can really argue with that. ;).

Seriously tho from my expierence with him Hound is probably the best player in the country at least in terms of skill and execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Cobelcog based on results here and abroad.

What's the project?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Doom's tier list is pretty interesting if true.

I didn't know that there was someone on par with Cobelcog and Hound, because I don't think I've ever met Simon Lau.

Simon has never been to Inferno's, he just attend the Dragonslayer events up North. Don't think he plays online much.

Mike Guilfoyle was at least on the same level as Cobels as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah the only reason most of us aren't mentioning Mike/Newtype is that he doesn't really play at the moment, he's a great player.

From what I've seen of Stev0knev022, he's good. He's not on the level of Hound or Cobels but would probably get into the second tier of players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The top ranked Cammy in the country, as stated on his profile, would not win one match with cobelcog in a hundred (having played both). There are too many players out there who will not face certain players in ranked because they are afraid to lose their BP/PP and their ranking. I could say I'm number 1 ranked DeeJay in Ireland but I am sure that with a couple of hours practice with DeeJay, many of the players listed as top players would beat me cleanly and easily.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of players who are every damn bit as good as their ranking suggests but I have faced some god awful players who are 13k plus.

But in the overall scheme of things, online ranking means virtually nothing. It's all about bringing it at the big live events. And that's what Cobelcog does on a rediculously consistent basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Online rankings do mean something.

Sadly all it really adds up to though is "I play this game a lot".

I find it funny when even *I* can beat 10k+ players -- ask anyone, offline I'm generally free and yet online scrubs are WORSE.

For those wondering about the lau:

That said, Cobels clearly learned and cleaned his clock when I next recorded them fighting.

Newtypes an amazing player, but I don't think he deals well with tournament pressure at all. I'd put him in my second tier tbh. I don't have the difficulty fighting him I would with Simon, cog or Hound.

I think if he came back today he'd have serious problems with someone like Azza who spends alot of time studying match ups.

Man I knew keeping all these old videos would come in handy some day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I think if he came back today he'd have serious problems with someone like Azza who spends alot of time studying match ups.

Trust me, he knows the Bison match up:pac:

blag wrote: »
    Trust me, he knows the Bison match up:pac:

lol yes well maybe that was a particularly bad example for me to pick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I think blag and sagat are one of the best.
    They deal with situations very well

Advertisement