Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unity 3d. game course dublin

Options
  • 21-02-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

anybody know where there there is a unity 3d game design course about to start / upcoming.
    im in ty so i can get off some time if it durning school if it on durning the day.
    price is not an issue. all answers welcome
    thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

There was a reason no one answered your first thread. It was because we don't know. Making a second thread, 4 days later, when the first thread is still in the first page of the forum serves no purpose. We didn't know then and we don't know now. And we can still see the first thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

This is probably a bit late but I don't use boards all that often.

However, for anybody who wants to know, Pulse College in Dublin run an introductory course for this sort of thing, I went to it in February, not bad at all, although not just Unity specific. They taught us the basics of 3ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop and Sketchup as well. but it's really only to get your feet wet in Game design. The intro course in February was 8 weeks of Saturdays 11am - 4 or 5pm and cost €650 and will probably run again soon.

visit http://www.pulsecollege.eu/

Pulse also do full and part time FETAC level 6 EMPRO in games analysis and design, so they're well worth a look. They have a lot of lecturers who work in the games industry today and they really know what they're talking about.

also I found a great course in Clane College (Kildare) that ran for 12 weeks 6:30pm - 9:30pm and I thought that was great too. it had a lot more of a Unity slant, with some programming as well. the last few weeks we were left to build a Unity game project but the lecturer (Richard Sneyd, he's on boards here somewhere) was very knowledgeable about 3ds max, blender as well as Unity and other game engines. That course was only €250 !! very cheap for the amount of detail you get and it's a FETAC Minor level 5 award at the end.

So they're both great courses if you want to get into Unity (I've done both of them)

However, you should ring both of them for details however because game design courses often change the engine they are using, among other things.

if there are any other courses like this around the country I'd love to hear about it too. I'm even considering setting up a Unity group on meetups.com if anybody is into that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

thanks man but i just wanted something for a week in ty as an introduction to it unity
    thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭SomeUnusedName

I know its a bit late but,
    try gamedevelopers.ie there is an education section, or jsut post to the forums

Advertisement