Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Mobile Me Account

Options
  • 21-02-2011 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping one of you will be able to help me here.

We are using Mobile Me's Find my iPhone to track our company phones under the one account, all is working perfect however when we setup the account, we had to register for the trial of all Mobile Me's features with our credit card etc. Needless to say, we have an exchange server on site here so don't require any of them.

So, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is an easy way to cancel the extended features of Mobile Me, and just keep the Find my iPhone option, which is supposed to be now free!!!

Any help appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Rgds

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

It's only free on the most recent versions of the firmware as far as I know, so it might be just a matter of updating ios

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

It's only free on the most recent versions of the firmware as far as I know, so it might be just a matter of updating ios

But is it not possible to create an account online with only the find my iphone feature and disable the paid features?

Rgds

Paul

All I know is that when I tried to sign up for this for just the find my phone part, I was asked to pay for it, until I upgraded the firmware on the phone and then it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

I don't think you need to sign up for the trial for Mobile Me, you can just use your iTunes ID which one can get for free according to this -

http://www.apple.com/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Update to latest firmware and the Findme service will be offered free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

for those saying its now free on the latest firmware - I thought that was only for iPads and iPhone 4? Do you not still have to pay for it with an iPhone 3GS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

We are using Mobile Me's Find my iPhone to track our company phones

Sneaky :p There are other apps that will perform the same function for a one off fee rather than going down the mobile me route but I guess it's a bit late for that. I understood as posted previously that you did not need a full mobileme account to avail of that feature but i'm not 100% as I have the full mobileme setup.

Branoic wrote: »
    for those saying its now free on the latest firmware - I thought that was only for iPads and iPhone 4? Do you not still have to pay for it with an iPhone 3GS?

Don't think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Branoic wrote: »
    You can only set it up on an iPhone 4 or iPad, but you can set it up for a 3GS or 3G, just takes a bit of tinkering. You can set up 4 devices on one device (So, if you have 1 iPhone 4 and 4 3GS's you can only set up 4 of those, leaving one unsetted up. Yes, I invented a new word).

You have to set it up on the device, can't do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Hi guys,

So basically whats being said here is:

• If I setup a mobile me account on the pc, and then go to the phone and add it, I have to pay for the full mobileme features, and can't disable them without deleting the complete mobileme account?
    • If I create a new mobileme account from the iphone itself, that will give me a findmyiphone only account which is free for ever more and to also be used on many other iPhones?

Many thanks for the help

Rgds

Paul

• Advertisement
Advertisement